HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I came here sometime back to buy a S&W revovler for sale. That all worked out and I hung around long enough to decide I wanted to try a USP in 45.
Well, I have been blessed as things worked out and my first HK rolled in today
I bought it on an auction sight. It was advertised as like new and as it turns out I'd say it is unfired.
I don't say that lightly. I mean it is new in the box and has no speck of powder, debris, smudge etc. anywhere in or out.
No crud in the springs or under them. I don't think I'm mistaken. I think it is a new one.
Night sights are long dead and it came with manual and warranty card in a card board box with copper staples and a HK label stating

PISTOL USP,.45ACP
1 PC
214814 93086-100
25-XXXXXX 12/95
Heckler&Koch GmbH Oberndorf

There are bar codes showing the 214814 as an ID and the 25-XXXXXX as ser.#.

I got it at a police trade in price. I bought it because I wanted one to shoot and carry in the car.
Now for the big question.
Is there any reason not to shoot it? Are there folks that collect this kind of thing?
Here are some pics

It's not that old. It's not that rare. I'm thinking it is about ready to go to work.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yea, people collect them. You, to name one. Meaning you will soon own more HK's. Shoot the crap out of it. It would probably have excess factory grease on it if it were never put in service. Looks great. Now put some wear on it. Spent factory casing incl.? Price?
Nice find and welcome to the club

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
That gun is brand-spankin'-new.

It appears to have a datecode on the slide of KF which would correspond to a manufacture date of 1995. It is unusual to see them in a cardboard box. In fact, it is the first one I have ever seen like that.

Not sayin' you should, but if I was ever to hold back a USP as a collector, this gun (and it's original box) would be one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice full size. Congrats on the purchase but I agree with Holdover, shoot the crap out of it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club!! My first HK was a used USP 45 full size and I was immediately hooked. I have since bought a new stainless USP 45 compact and it is now in my carry rotation.

I say shoot it a bunch and enjoy it. I wish I had the entire .45ACP line of HK.

Enjoy and congrats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi all,
I think it might go out in the morning. It sits here loaded, a roll it will take on once proven reliable.
I got it from Auction Arms and from Dave Warren at Oregon Guns. He claimed it came from an estate and the high bid was $501.00.
I have a couple of somewhat collectables around here that went from collectable to shooter class prized possesions due to use.
I don't collect anything that I cant take out and use.
Just a couple of observations. Slide to frame fit is super tight and the chamber is also snug. I stoked it with MagTech 230 +P hollow points and they are seating into the rifling. I have some ol' Black Talons around here somewhere I want to try for fit.
If it is not a million degrees out when I get up in the morning I think I'll start trying to wear this thing out.
Thanks a million
Mike

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Very nice 'first year' USP .45, shoot it in good health! I have a KF date code full size USP .45 too, I love mine, its an amazing pistol!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi all,
I think it might go out in the morning. It sits here loaded, a roll it will take on once proven reliable.
I got it from Auction Arms and from Dave Warren at Oregon Guns. He claimed it came from an estate and the high bid was $501.00.
I have a couple of somewhat collectables around here that went from collectable to shooter class prized possesions due to use.
I don't collect anything that I cant take out and use.
Just a couple of observations. Slide to frame fit is super tight and the chamber is also snug. I stoked it with MagTech 230 +P hollow points and they are seating into the rifling. I have some ol' Black Talons around here somewhere I want to try for fit.
If it is not a million degrees out when I get up in the morning I think I'll start trying to wear this thing out.
Thanks a million
Mike
I hope you have alot of time and ammo!!
Did you read this thread http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/160710-chat-hk-armorer-must-read.html

·
Registered
71 Posts
Shoot it...hands down. Once you take it out for the first time, you won't be able NOT to shoot it...you'll see...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did see that OOPS!

Hi Holdover,
That is some round count. I did see that.
I guess I have to start somewhere and I don't have to do it all at once.
About the only thing I ever had to compare this to is a Glock 21.
The 21 was good gear. It shot better than I expected and ran well all the time.
It just never appealed to me. That was late 80 early 90s and plastic is finally starting to grow on me some.
I don't know how old you are, but plastic was a pretty hard pill for us older guys to swallow.
I had an FNC9 and it was everything a guy could want but it was a 9. It took a little but I got where I could say I liked it in public. I like this usp already.
I might drag it out to the local pin match from time to time, but it is mostly a carry in the car/range gun. I might run 500-600 rounds a year through it.
My neighbor talked me out of my old S&W 457 so I have been packing a AR-24 in 9mm.
I like it a lot but I have always been a .45 fan. If the usp works well I'm sure it will be comforting to haul it around for a while.
I have a little factory ammo and some reloads around. I'm interested in what this thing will do at 25 yards.
Thanks for the link
Mike

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Welcome too the World of all things HK. My first HK was the P30. Like said above shoot the heck out of it. Enjoy your USP45. Watch out for the Pixie Dust.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mike,
I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Give us a report on how it does for you.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Shoot it like you...umm...erm....stole it?!:wink:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Nice find. The USP im wearing right now came on a box like that. KI date on the slide, id lower case on the frame.

They're great guns have fun with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Howdy,
Thanks for all the advice.
It is not new anymore.
This thing gets an A with the Magtech 230+P.
Hand loads of 230grain WW bullets and 5 grains of 231 will hold the black but the Magtech ammo holds the ten ring.
I might bump up the 231 load a little and see what happens.
It is just a used gun now. It is not in any danger of getting sold.
Thanks
Mike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts