HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an AH Date Code USP 45c that a local PD traded in Lawmens Supply and the gun looks to be in very good condition with just a little carry wear. The Tru Dot night sights are dead and I'm going to replace those. Would they be covered under warranty? Are there any other parts you guys would replace "just becuase"?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Mepro says the sights are covered for 12 years to the original purchaser......HK is the original purchaser.....:)
And then the PD was the second purchaser and you were at least the third by my math.

If you can get that dog to hunt then I'm all for it. I hope it works. I honestly do.

Check me out though. I'll be Meprolight.........

"Thank you for contacting Customer Service. I'd be glad to help you sir. Could I just see your original receipt and we'll get you fixed right up?"

Unfortunately I feel it going like that. Now if there's a date code on the sights that may be a different story but I don't remember seeing one. Maybe I missed it.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
There is absolutely no warranty on the sights from MeproLight (I spoke to them about this) if they came from HK as OEM. HK would have absolutely no liability or obligation to you to replace them either.

However, all of that having been said. . . HK just might toss you a set just to be nice if you approach them in a friendly way and not as someone who thinks HK owes him something. Oh, and one more thing, there is absolutely no way that those sights would be completely dead if they are the ones which were supplied on the pistol with that date code. What is FAR more likely, is that the PD armorer switched out the sights with older, dead ones on the guns they were trading in. . .

As far as needing to replace anything else "just because", probably not. I also live in Raleigh, and I'd be happy to go shooting with you or just to take a look at it if you want me to. I had a USP Compact 45 and a USP Compact 9mm, and now I have a fullsize USP Tactical 45 in Black, one in Desert Tan, and a fullsize stainless USP 45. I am very familiar with your gun, and I would be more than glad to take a look at it with you. Feel free to send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you carry that further then the HK would be first, disty(if any) would be 2nd, PD 3rd, lawmens 4th, me 5th.

And then the PD was the second purchaser and you were at least the third by my math.

If you can get that dog to hunt then I'm all for it. I hope it works. I honestly do.

Check me out though. I'll be Meprolight.........

"Thank you for contacting Customer Service. I'd be glad to help you sir. Could I just see your original receipt and we'll get you fixed right up?"

Unfortunately I feel it going like that. Now if there's a date code on the sights that may be a different story but I don't remember seeing one. Maybe I missed it.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
H&K Customer Service replaced the night sights on Ripper20's Tactical when he sent it in for the 165,000 round [10 years]check up. If you want a chance at having the sights replaced by H&K, send them the USP to have it checked out ... whats the worse that could happen...get a few upgrades and springs replaced to bring it back 'into spec' under the Lifetime Warranty?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i purchased a 01 that came from them a couple of years ago. the Meps were dim but not all the way gone. Congrats on a great pistol .

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Nice pickup! I'd replace the sights and then shoot it forever.

-Sean

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey dude I'd be happy to shoot with you. I'm a Gold member at Eagle One and live in North Raleigh....Where do you shoot?

There is absolutely no warranty on the sights from MeproLight (I spoke to them about this) if they came from HK as OEM. HK would have absolutely no liability or obligation to you to replace them either.

However, all of that having been said. . . HK just might toss you a set just to be nice if you approach them in a friendly way and not as someone who thinks HK owes him something. Oh, and one more thing, there is absolutely no way that those sights would be completely dead if they are the ones which were supplied on the pistol with that date code. What is FAR more likely, is that the PD armorer switched out the sights with older, dead ones on the guns they were trading in. . .

As far as needing to replace anything else "just because", probably not. I also live in Raleigh, and I'd be happy to go shooting with you or just to take a look at it if you want me to. I had a USP Compact 45 and a USP Compact 9mm, and now I have a fullsize USP Tactical 45 in Black, one in Desert Tan, and a fullsize stainless USP 45. I am very familiar with your gun, and I would be more than glad to take a look at it with you. Feel free to send me a PM.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice snag

I, personally, Would send it to HK and have them check it out. Mention you want new night sights and they *may* swap them if of it's within the 12 year warranty (tritium has a half life of 12 years).

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Sending it to HK will cost well over $100 just in the FedEx/UPS shipping costs and for what purpose? Police trade in pistols are seldom shot enough to have any wear issues other than honest frame wear from the holster. Clean and lube it and take it to the range. Replacement sights are relatively inexpensive.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My LGS...where I do all my business, charged me $15 for shipping my P2000 back to HK. Check around before you decide to send it yourself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts