HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find a load of holsters for the USP 45c, but the full size seems to be a bit tougher.

Do you folks have any suggestions for a holster that is for the full size USP 45 and that can be worn at 4 o'clock position for CCW?

I know I could by a USP 45 Compact, but there's so little difference in size I don't think I'd actually be gaining much. I know it's an excuse to get a new gun, but honestly, I've got plenty. I'd just like to start carrying my USP instead of a 1911.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use the Comp-Tac C-TAC. I wear it about 3:30 or so. It took some trial and error to get it just the way I like it, because it is so adjustable. I ended up flipping the tabs (there's a post on the net somewhere about it, I can find it if you want) and using the full forward cant. In this position, it's really comfortable and practically invisible. This was the first holster I bought, and there really was no need for another.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just bought a Comp-Tac paddle holster for my USPf 45. In the 4 o'clock position, it can be disappeared with a buttoned flannel shirt of appropriate length. I asked them to build it geared for CCW as opposed to competition; I have no idea if they did anything different from their usual design, but the holster holds the weapon closer than other paddle holsters I have used from other manufactures.

I was very impressed with the customer service and the wait time (~1 week and I was sent emails nearly every day with updates). The fit is very good and the construction seems very robust; I am very happy and will order from them again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you guys, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Years ago I had another HK USP 45f and I used a paddle holster that left much to be desired. I'm glad to hear there have been some improvements. My preference is OWB for the most part.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would anyone mind posting pictures of their USP 45f in the holster, and also a picture of it on the body, concealed? That’s the only pistol I have, and although I have the CCW, I don’t carry mine concealed for fear of it not being concealed. I am in debate with myself about buying a compact 40, or a P30 or P2000, but that’s a different thread.

Anyways, I like the look of the Comp-Tac Holsters, and am just looking for info about them.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
First off you need a good belt!! Do you OSW, (out side waist,) or ISW (inside the waist,)

A great reliable source for me has always been www.fist-inc.com They offer a great variety and I have a fist high ride with an FBI cant. You can also get a good belt from them. Customer service is great. You don't have to wait months for it and they are lower priced than the above mentioned.

The high ride give you a little better concealment as well as you won't need to buy all of your shirts in a long, size. TJ

D

·
0 Posts
G-Code makes a great conceal holster. But the question is safety. Do you want any type of retention? If so, I would go with the Blackhawk CQC SERPA.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
G-Code makes a great conceal holster. But the question is safety. Do you want any type of retention? If so, I would go with the Blackhawk CQC SERPA.
I use a Blackhawk Serpa with a 1911, but they don't offer one for the full size USP 45, at least not that I can see.

Right now I've settled on using a nylon pancake type - very comfortable and concealable, but a bugger to reholster the weapon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts