HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an "upgrade" or some modification that can be made to the mag release on the USP45 Full size?

I find the mag release way to difficult to press down. It seems way too short/small
I have XXL hands too.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is no advertised upgrade or mod for this.
I've never seen mention of one either.

I assume that you are using your thumb and index finger to depress both sides of the mag release at the same time.

If the release is too far back for your index finger and thumb to reach:
Slide your fingers down to the next knuckle and use the fleshy part of your thumb and index to depress.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no advertised upgrade or mod for this.
I've never seen mention of one either.

I assume that you are using your thumb and index finger to depress both sides of the mag release at the same time.

If the release is too far back for your index finger and thumb to reach:
Slide your fingers down to the next knuckle and use the fleshy part of your thumb and index to depress.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply.
I guess I will have to get used to it since the release is a "push down" articulation instead of a "push in" movement.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It really is easiest to do with your index finger. It is also a very safe way to reload since you can guarantee your finger is off the trigger when it is on the mag release. Get used to it and you'll ruin yourself for shooting other guns.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dare I say this... you can try and locate the early design mag release. They were on the first gen 9 and 40's.

I have been lucky enough to find two in the last 12 years.

Good luck,
Gayle

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have large hands around 13 inches at the base. With that in mind I have no touble hitting the mag release on any HK I have. Just use your index finger on your shooting hand and push down, it only takes one side to release it. It's a safe way to make sure your trigger finger isn't inside of trigger gard. TJ

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've been using my middle finger myself, I noticed when I used my index to release the slide my hand wouldn't have as good a grip on the gun. So I take my trigger finger, rest it ontop of the slide release pin, and just push down with the middle finger feels much more natural than the index finger to me.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've been using my middle finger myself, I noticed when I used my index to release the slide my hand wouldn't have as good a grip on the gun. So I take my trigger finger, rest it ontop of the slide release pin, and just push down with the middle finger feels much more natural than the index finger to me.
I use my middle finger as well, although its more of a reorientation of your hand, for some reason i can get my strong (right) hand back in place faster than if i use my trigger finger, which rests on the top of the frame as well.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I use my middle finger as well, although its more of a reorientation of your hand, for some reason i can get my strong (right) hand back in place faster than if i use my trigger finger, which rests on the top of the frame as well.
I'd assume it's because instead of changing the orientation of your hand, it's more changing the orientation of the gun, the slide release is closest to your middle finger, and your trigger finger should be outside of the hand guard anyway. Your fingers aren't really travelling all that far compared to index finger slide release where you have to move all of your fingers back a little bit in order to bend your index finger enough to hit the release.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Like gemarsh said, find one from an older USP, they are bigger and easier to use.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Wouldn't suggest using an older release off the USP9/40. That release is plastic and designed for plastic mags.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wouldn't suggest using an older release off the USP9/40. That release is plastic and designed for plastic mags.
New or old ... They're both plastic.
My HK 40c now sports the older, larger mag release.
No issues with the metal magazines.

+1 for placing index finger on frame and using middle finger on the mag release.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts