HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have about 950 bucks to play with, and I've narrowed my next purchase down to a P30 or an SD9. i''ve also considered a non SD usp because they're considerably cheaper, and the money i save can be used towards ammo.

i have a tactical 45, and while the threaded barrel is nice, i don't play on buying a can for the tactical 45 i have, nor the SD9 if thats what i go with. what's making me lean toward the SD more is the fact i consider myself an enthusiast. and imo the SD is definitely that.

i've read tons of reviews on the P30 and HK45, but i've never handled one, much less shot one. i don't want to learn a new system if i'm already accustomed to my tactical, and compact 40.

does anyone have a p30 and SD? or shot both? which one would you chose if you had to?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The USP 9 is slightly smaller than the USP 45. Other than that, they are the same gun. The Tac 45 and the SD9 are going to be pretty similar.

Since you stated that you aren't looking for a suppressor, I think the P30 might be a better choice. Great grip. How do you feel about no manual safety? What about the decocker placement (on the back of the slide)?

If you're a collector, then maybe the SD9 first, and then the P30 later on when you save more money?

Either way, you win!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went for the USP9 instead. i found a hell of a deal on it. i paid 700 before tax. gun came with night sights and two mags. clyde armory sells the usp 9 with an lem trigger and night sights for 719, but after you pay shipping and transfer, it would be about the same as having it installed.

i put 250 rounds down range and i absolutely love it. i buy a p30 eventually, but for now i'm going to enjoy the usp.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You made the right choice temper!! USP 9SD is the business!!!

I went for the USP9 instead. i found a hell of a deal on it. i paid 700 before tax. gun came with night sights and two mags. clyde armory sells the usp 9 with an lem trigger and night sights for 719, but after you pay shipping and transfer, it would be about the same as having it installed.

i put 250 rounds down range and i absolutely love it. i buy a p30 eventually, but for now i'm going to enjoy the usp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts