HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have zero experience with HK pistols. A friend of mine is offering to selle a like new in the box USP 9. Full size. With 4 mags.
He is asking $600

What should I look for as far as problems and or issues with the USP pistols?

·
Registered
381 Posts
No problems with the USP. Just ask how many rounds fired through the pistol. Look at the barrel hood for wear. Not a bad price either. USP are built like a tank. They are that tough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's an HK I am sure it will be fine. If not you know where to find him. To be completely honest, not that it's a bad gun at all, but that would be my last choice if I was choosing only one HK. It won't matter which one you buy you will want another so you might as well buy that one to get the addiction started. It will only get better from there, IMO. The USP 9mm is a good gun, among other things, it just happens to be my least favorite HK grip for my hands. In your hands your experience may be completely different. He's your buddy, so you have got him to take you out and shoot it, right? So how did you like it?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
If it is a well used USP9, then $600 is a great deal for it. If it is LNIB for $600 you should have bought it last week! LoL There are no issues w/ USP's period. That is why it is the best deal you can find for $600. No need to look for select model years of production or anything like that. USP's have been solid since they were released in 1994.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
The usp 9 is my favorite gun. Very soft and flat shooter and fits my hands great. For 600 with 4 mags I'd buy it. As stated, they are tanks and will last a long time. I can see how bettieguitar wouldn't necessarily favor it, the grip is not as comfortable for some as the vp or p series, but they fit me perfectly. Good luck!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Mine was LNIB with 2 mags for $650 at my LGS 2 years ago, roughly. So I think it's a fair deal. $500 would be a good deal. But I've spent more on the JF, black JF mags, HD sights, ambi safety/decocker than I have the pistol. You will more than likely love the pistol. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts