HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I bought a USP 9c V1. Did my usual, Sparks holsters and extra magazines. Nice gun, thought it would compliment the USP 45C I have.

And it would, if I could shoot it worth a darn.

Now my 45c I can shoot. It is slightly bigger than the 9c, and that may be the difference. My USP 45FS I can REALLY shoot. But this 9c.....

Considering selling it and getting a USP 9 FS. Or keeping it and fighting it, maybe I'll get it to come in.

I doubt it is the gun. I'm pretty sure it is me. I do shoot guns with larger grips much better than smaller ones.

So...keep it or sell it and get a FS?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you are heavily invested in the USPc9 magazines, a P2000 may be in order. It's slightly thinner in the grip, but has a backstrap system which may better accommodate your hands. Furthermore, it doesn't cost as much as an USP.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Having both I prefer the compact. I got the full sized in 9 and 40 after the 45 thinking how soft it shot the others would have almost no recoil, didn't find that to be the case though. Personally I would rate them USPc 45/40, USPc 9, USP 45, USP 40 & USP 9.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I love and can shoot both my USP9c and USP45c's extremely well.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Until manufactures start designing pistols with sizes fit to the hand like shoes are made to fit different foot size, we will forever be plagued with this issue. I shoot this gun great, but this one with slightly different specs is a bear to use well.

I'm of the mind to not fight it, just move on and stick with what works. Basically, I think ultimately shooting the gun in question is the only way to know how it interfaces with you... what often gets overlooked is that 'felt recoil' has alot to do with fitment of the gun/hand.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Get back to the basics of shooting any/all firearms.

*Sights
*Trigger
*Grip

My USP Compact 9mm is a bit small for my large hands, but it shoots extremely well for me.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Until manufactures start designing pistols with sizes fit to the hand like shoes are made to fit different foot size, we will forever be plagued with this issue. I shoot this gun great, but this one with slightly different specs is a bear to use well.

I'm of the mind to not fight it, just move on and stick with what works. Basically, I think ultimately shooting the gun in question is the only way to know how it interfaces with you... what often gets overlooked is that 'felt recoil' has alot to do with fitment of the gun/hand.
Agreed. There are too many choices to spend time forcing a gun to fit your hand. This is why I stopped shooting GLOCKs years ago. I could group well, but would always push the gun left if I did not really focus on trigger control. Well, guess what happens if you need he gun in a high stress situation....focus on the trigger is not the first thing on your mind!

Maybe it's time to try a p30 if you would like a 9...or certainly try out a usp 9 if that is your preference and you think a larger grip would solve the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts