HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the gunshow in my area this weekend. I was planning on buying a Full Size USP in 9mm. New ones were $829 to $839. Before I plunked down my cash for a new one I thought I'd just see if I couldn't find a deal on a used one. Used one's are pretty rare at the show I go to-I may only see one, or none, the whole show. Also, since I was only looking at 9mm I thought it was a long shot.

But I found THIS ONE used! It's in quite good shape. There's a couple scratches on the left side of the frame around the grip that stop it from being in Excellent condition, but I'm very pleased.

What do you guys think? Also, the date code seems to indicate it's a '96, is that correct? (apologies for the pics, I kinda suck with a camera)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ha! I wish I could have found that at my local gun show this past weekend. Mine was just the opposite. No new hk's and only one used. AND the crackpot with the used one wanted $850.00 for a KF date code USPf 9MM that was well used with six mags. I tried to trade him straight across for my KF USPf .40 with NS, 6 HC mags and a hogue hand-all in cleaner/nicer condition. He wanted $300 plus my trade. There's price gouging, and then theres stupidity. Anyway looks like you picked up a really nice gun. Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Nice find and it looks to be in great shape. What did you end up paying? I found a 9mm two tone NIB on gunbroker a while back for 709.95 buy it now. I couldn't hit buy it now fast enough.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've got a line on a NIB USP .40 stainless for $849, but not sure how good a price that is. I really like the USP's, but not sure about feeding a .40. If it had been a 9, I likely would have bought as my first HK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! I wish I could have found that at my local gun show...
Wow, that's crazy! It sucks when you get guys like that... I mean, you want to do business with them, but it really seems like they not interested, he would already have been getting a hell of a deal on a straight swap. I did find one other used one at the show I was at, it was all black (didnt check the date code) and very used. I'm sure it would have functioned fine but it was well worn. It came with 3 high-caps and they wanted $499 for it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice acquisition, and yes, KG is 1996. What did you pay, if you don't mind telling?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice find and it looks to be in great shape. What did you end up paying? I found a 9mm two tone NIB on gunbroker a while back for 730 buy it now. I couldn't hit buy it now fast enough.
That is an awesome deal! I usually never check gunbroker, just the regular pistol sources. Two-tones haven't been around in ages.

So this gun didnt come with any high-cap magazines, just three 10 rounders. It only had the manual with it, no accessories and no HK box, just some generic plastic box. But... it was $549. I saw it, checked it over, saw it was in really good shape and I had always wanted the two-tone but given up on getting one a while ago. I figured I can just order a couple of high-caps down the road if I ever want them.

I think I got really lucky, but part of the reason I posted was I was wondering if it was "too good to be true". $550 for the two-tone in that condition makes me wonder if the slide was plated after-market or something, but I'm not sure how to tell.

I did have it at the range, and it functions flawlessly and groups really well...

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Yes you did get a Great deal. Congrats on the find.
That is an awesome deal! I usually never check gunbroker, just the regular pistol sources. Two-tones haven't been around in ages.

So this gun didnt come with any high-cap magazines, just three 10 rounders. It only had the manual with it, no accessories and no HK box, just some generic plastic box. But... it was $549. I saw it, checked it over, saw it was in really good shape and I had always wanted the two-tone but given up on getting one a while ago. I figured I can just order a couple of high-caps down the road if I ever want them.

I think I got really lucky, but part of the reason I posted was I was wondering if it was "too good to be true". $550 for the two-tone in that condition makes me wonder if the slide was plated after-market or something, but I'm not sure how to tell.

I did have it at the range, and it functions flawlessly and groups really well...

·
Registered
363 Posts
$550????? I just threw up in my mouth a little. Want to trade???? You got one sweet deal. I would love a S/S in 9 or 45. I have two 40's thats why I'm trying to trade one. Judging by the wear marks on the underneath of the slide it looks to be s/s throughout. It is probably genuine and you got lucky. Congrats on that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$550????? I just threw up in my mouth a little. Want to trade???? You got one sweet deal. I would love a S/S in 9 or 45. I have two 40's thats why I'm trying to trade one. Judging by the wear marks on the underneath of the slide it looks to be s/s throughout. It is probably genuine and you got lucky. Congrats on that.
I thought that was a pretty good deal, I'm still not sure why it was so low. That's why I was worried it was too good to be true. I appreciate the trade offer but I'm going to stick with 9mm for the time being. Thanks for your input on the s/s, I was hoping if I put up pictures of the inside of the slide someone would be able to take a look. My only problem now is holding myself to one HK pistol. From what I read here that's very hard to do, and now that I have one I can see why...

·
Registered
363 Posts
You should keep it. It is no use trying to resist the pull of hk. I am selling off most of my other guns (non-HK) to buy more!!!

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
Great deal! From the pics the gun looks barely used on barrel and inside of slide. My USPc looks "worse" and has less than 1,000rds. Nice gun!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Agreed, most SWEET deal! I've going to local gun shows over last couple years, never found anything I couldn't buy @ LGS for cheaper. Your buy is a good point, can't hurt walking around & checking stuff out, & just maybe finding a HK deal!

Congrats on a great buy on an incredible HK!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody, I appreciate it. I posted because I was worried I had bought an air-soft gun that had somehow been converted to fire 9mm (j/k) I've had it out twice now and it certainly is great to shoot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts