HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just purchased my very first H&K and it´s a USP9SD. I´m very satishfied with the buy so far and the gun really made my day when bringin´ it to the range for the first time. To my surprice I found the HK219069
barrel in the US. It seems it´s a real H&K made treaded barrel intended for an o-ring as well?? Can anyone light up this one for me? I have never seen this barrel anywhere before nor heard of it. According to a major H&K dealership in Germany it´s non available. How come? Hope that someone can fill me in on the details about this barrel as it seems to be a quite interesting feature.

Cheers...

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
My threaded 9 barrel has no O ring groove. As far as I know none of the 9mm ones are.

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
The USP-SD does not come with an O-ring barrel or match trigger. Some people put an o-ring on the bottom of the thread before the thread protector so it doesn't come loose.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I read somewhere IIRC that the USP9sd model was built at the request of an LE or military somewhere. They were assembled per the agency specs which did not include an O ring barrel nor a match trigger. A few members here with considerable knowlege have stated that the O ring does not improve the USP's consistency enough in the average shooter's hand to make a difference. In a bench vise where all other variables are eliminated, you may see a difference, but who shoots like that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the applies guys.

It really made me wonder if H&K mayde had made a replacement barrel for the US market. The reason I thought that a barrel like that maybe did excist was because that on every picture you see when you google the H&K part number for that barrel shows a barrel with the cut out for the o-ring. Now looking very carefully at the pictures again it seems there´s a W to the very right on the right side of the barrel in the text field. It´s probably a picture of the treaded 40 S&W barrel the seller uses instead of a picture of the 9mm treaded barrel which would have been less mis-leading in my opinion.

Here´s one link that´s actually a little mis-leading:

HK BARREL USP-T 9MM 4.56" THREADED : Rifle Barrels at GunBroker.com

I know that the o-ring probably won´t make a difference in the hands of an awerage shooter anyway. Which I am by the way. To me it was more like a neat feature on a really nice gun. I will be replaceing the factory trigger on my 9sd with the much better match trigger. With the match trigger installed I don´t really see any reason why I should prefer the expert over the 9sd which was the competitor before I decided to go for the 9sd.

I went to the range the other day with a good friend of mine who has the USPc 9mm V3 issued as a service weapon. Good lord what a difference.

Anyway thanks a lot for the replies it helped me clearing up on details.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The seller has the wrong picture for the part. It's a pic of the .40S&W. The .40 TB has the O-ring. The 9mm does not.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The seller clearly lists that photos are stock photos and may not be the actual item but only representative of that item. The barrel pictured is for a .40 S&W barrel which does have the o-ring. The 9mm barrel never has had the o-ring. So the seller is not being misleading, but one does have to read the fine print of the ad and have a little knowledge about what they are buying and he never says the barrel has the o-ring in the item description (unless I missed something in the reading). It pays not to get excited and not read everything in the ad.

So, while the seller is NOT being misleading about the product, he most certainly is over priced. Six months ago that barrel sold at Midway for less than $250 but I see it has gone up a lot, but you can get one for $295 and is IN STOCK at HKParts.net. Why pay more for an auction item instead of getting it from a HK dealer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My mistake. I just googled the item in question and had a lot of hits here among also the seller on gunbroker. I should have noticed that it was the 40S&W barrel. I´m not in the market for a replacement barrel for my 9sd as the gun carries the date code BA and has fired less than a 1000 rounds. I just got interested in the o-ring case which turns out to be of no interest to me if it dosn´t include the 9mm. Thanks for clearing up this mix up of mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts