HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Im glad to see pilots can get a good price on a HK but police officers don't get the 495 pricing with night sights and shipping included??????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe the low price comes from the fact that the gov't contract would cover up to 60,000+ units. So they offer a personal weapon which could boost the total lot to 120,000+ units. I doubt any police force would purchase this quantity. Just a thought.

·
Registered
158 Posts
[email protected]#king cops. And what if you are a L.E. Pilot, does that count? I don't think that anyone wants to give us L.E. any breaks on price anymore. Not saying that they should, Kinda sucks, but come tax time they are all a write offs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have been considering obtaining an FFL, and placing direct orders with H&K (minimum is something like $20,000), with the main intent of making affordable pistols available to LE, and to soldiers headed overseas?

Is the wholesale price such that this could be feasible, so long as I'm not in it for the money? Any trustworthy FFL's out there willing to handle this if we can provide the financial backing?

C

·
0 Posts
Damn I bought mine for $810.00 brand new... I definately got shafted. ohh well you live and you learn.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Wow! That's cheap! I don't even see used ones that cheap around here! (Los Angeles)

·
Registered
38 Posts
On many LE gun offers, part of the reason that they can be sold for so much less is that the manufacturer is not compelled to collect (or pay) federal excise tax on guns meant for law enforcement. As FFDO's are, for the purposes of discussion, LEOs, I wonder if this is in-play here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got mine through this program. The only downside is that they ship with 10 round mags. I bought 3 hicaps from CDNN that came free with 10 rounders so now I have 3 hicaps and 5 10 rounders!! Being a pilot isn't what it used to be but this deal is definitely a perk.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I hope everyone has figured out that is a USP Compact. As far as LE, I work with them on occasion.

I don't mind picking up a meal, or coffee. I feel that they get a bad deal, from the general population. When most folks encounter, L.E. it's for a ticket, or some one they know is being arrested, and they feel that L.E is going beyond the normal, to apprehend their drunken friend.

Some time, if your not too familiar with L.E. Then I suggest that you stop by the station, and take an officer out for coffee, or lunch. Get to know them as people, just like the rest of us! TJ

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't mind picking up a meal, or coffee. I feel that they get a bad deal, from the general population. When most folks encounter, L.E. it's for a ticket, or some one they know is being arrested, and they feel that L.E is going beyond the normal, to apprehend their drunken friend.
I'm sorry but I've never gotten a ticket or been arrested in my lifetime yet but I've had nothing but bad information and egotism coming from the LE I've encountered, Thats just my feeling. I believe most of them give themselves a bad rep.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The main reason they offer it that cheap is they know it will be replaced quickly. My neighbor is a commercial pilot who carries. I saw his 40 compact and it looks like it was dragged through tar (internally). Kind of sad really. I don't have any safe queens, but they all look that way! (always been taught to take care of my tools).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wouldn't judge us all by that one standard. I take good care of my firearms, too.

If you knew what a regional airline pilot was paid, you'd understand why most couldn't afford to buy their weapon, otherwise. Program weapons are issued, but often pilots who participate want to own one, too. And many wouldn't, unless it was made somewhat affordable. The burden is very much on the FFDO throughout the whole process; by the time a pilot in the cockpit has been through the program, it's been quite an ordeal and he's shelled out a considerable sum to cover all the costs, in order to volunteer to add an extra layer of protection to your trip.

HK's offering is a kindness on their part in supporting and promoting that program. It's a win-win program for the flying public, for the government, and for those of us in the cockpit who do our utmost to ensure every flight is as safe as it can possibly be.

So far as law enforcement discounts, these have been offered by various manufacturers for some time. Purchase through your department, or purchase as a LEO, and most places offer an entirely different pricing schedule.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I'm sorry but I've never gotten a ticket or been arrested in my lifetime yet but I've had nothing but bad information and egotism coming from the LE I've encountered, Thats just my feeling. I believe most of them give themselves a bad rep.
RANT ON I have yet to run into an officer with a bad attitude, even when I have broken the law. If you are curteous and polite they will be also. I will admit at first a lot of officers may be standoffish, but you gotta realize that they deal with a--holes all day long who are breaking the law and then get mad at a guy who is only doing his job (WHICH OFTEN TIMES PUTS HIS LIFE IN DANGER) and protecting us!!! RANT OFF

Why just this week an officer let me shoot his duty weapon (MP5N) and I had only met him that day at the gun range.

RANT BACK ON It kinda pisses me off when people make a blanket negative statement concerning a person whose job is to put his life on the line for you. Yeah, I am sure there bad apples on the force, but a generalization like that is just not fair. RANT BACK OFF

I will shut up now.

Disclaimer: I am not LE, just a citizen that appreciates their hard work.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've known good ones, and bad ones.

That applies to LEO, and to people in general. Putting on the badge doesn't make you one or the other.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts