HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished cleaning my USPf9 after running 400 rounds through it at the range. When it goes to the range it typically gets 200-400 rounds run down the pipe each and every time without so much as a hiccup. It eats everything that's fed trough it and is the easiest gun to clean that I've owned. That goes for my other two USPs as well. HK may produce updated 'improved' pistols from time to time, but the USP will be a standard for years to come due to its reliability and simplicity. The P30 would have to be drastically better for me to move to it over my USP9 and I don't think it will prove to be. Neither will the HK45. When something works and works well I tend to stick with it. That'll be the problem with the new models coming out. Convincing current USP owners that they are so much better they should make the switch. Government agencies and law enforcement will be the primary buyers as they replace worn out equipment, or have the urge to update. I'm not sure private owners will be so eager to give up their trusty USP. I am a USP believer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There's a reason that Germany army went to HK USP as standard side arm. It is after all modelled after the Mk23Mod0's innovative design.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ,personally, don't see what all the shouting is about regarding the HK45. I doubt it can offer improved performance over the USP and it's an unattractive pistol to boot. I'm hoping they don't intend discontinuing the USP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, i can sympathize. I just shot my wife's USP 9mm, v1. Nothing fancy, just stock.

I forgot how much fun it was to shoot. I like it a lot more than my p2000 actually. If only it weren't so big.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone should have a full size USP for range day. I don't carry my USPf, or my USP .45 Tactical, but they do make great range guns and the 9mm serves as my house gun as well. I find even the USPc on the top end of size for concealed carry, but I own one anyway. The USP series pistols are excellent tools that just happen to make any range day a hoot.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't think there would be the USP following if HK didn't put their money where their mouth is... The USP can take a pounding. My compact has shot nearly a steady diet of premium duty hollow points like Hydra Shocks, Ranger Talons and standard JHPs, HSTs, and whatever else I could find on sale. Compare them next to any other weapon (with a poly frame) and you'll see they're not playing around in terms of construction. They're built to be hard core defense tools, most users won't be able to damage them... try as some of us might.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I want one. Though I really love my P2000 and P2000sk.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Yup, the USP will still be doing it's duty long after my bones have turned to dust I think. . .

·
Registered
81 Posts
USP is still a relatively new pistol..earliest models debuted in what 1990? People still swear by the colt gm .45 and that pistol is about 100 years old now. I don't see the USP getting replaced or obsoleted anytime soon, but new models with new features and innovations always make the newer acquisitions appealing. (New HK pistols having a slide mounted decocker?)The 1911 didn't get the picatinny rail til 1913 i believe but today there is still a large volume of receivers being manufactured without rails. The only question left in my mind about the USP is how long the polymer will truly hold out for. I'm sure the VP70s are still intact and generally ok but what is the actual service life of that plastic? Impregnated with fiberglass or not, its still a plastic and I don't see the pistol having a service life of a steel framed gun. So what do you guys give a USP, 50-70 years? With or without UV exposure? I wonder if its the kind of pistol that I can pass on to my children or subsequent generations...hmm i think i digressed a bit here. Anyway i'm reminded of a nursery rhyme; meet new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold. :]

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Took my Cobra Chrome USPF .45 to the range Saturday, cant get over how accurate, reliable, and soft shooting it is. At 40-50ft Im blowing the black out of a 50ft pistol target (black is maybe 4" across), each mag shot thru it usually has 2 or 3 ragged holes on the target around the 8--10 ring.

Its a superb shooter!! USP Series rock!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts