HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the USP-C 45 and as you rack the slide and go forward it sounds a bit "gritty", for lack of a better word. It shoots fine and no problems with feeding, etc.-just the gritty sound. I've shot maybe 200 rounds through it to date as it's just several weeks old. I'm sure it's no cause for concern but just wondering.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I have the USP-C 45 and as you rack the slide and go forward it sounds a bit "gritty", for lack of a better word. It shoots fine and no problems with feeding, etc.-just the gritty sound. I've shot maybe 200 rounds through it to date as it's just several weeks old. I'm sure it's no cause for concern but just wondering.
Is something rubbing against the slide?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never used grease on an auto other than the locking lugs. Everywhere else gets a bit of oil and that's usually FP-10. I've used Lubriplate before but only on cars.Nothing rubbing-just that rough sound when racked. Maybe it'll work itself out after more rounds are shot. I thought about putting a little #320 Clover compound on the rails but decided that may not be the best for it.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I had over lubed one of my guns that went into HK for a tune up. This caused HK to politely let me know that the over lube had caused so much crap to stick to the lube and get deep into the sear and trigger area that it had to be disassembled and completely cleaned to get the gritty feeling out. Less is more with lube on the HK platform. I was also told to quit using any grease on the gun, YMMV.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I use a spray solvent if my pistols get gritty. I drench the parts and then use canned air to force out what's left. then I lube everything up and we're good to go.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Repeat after me: "This is not a 1911". . . "this is not a 1911". . . "this is not a 1911". . . and then click your heels together 3 times. :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying to remember this but old habits are hard to break. When you have four 1911's and one HK I didn't want to let the USP feel left out when cleaning time came.:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And I thought I was obsessive-compulsive. ;)

Your USPc may be the end of you.
I hope that's not prophetic.:) It has rails and it has a barrel and lugs...it need oil!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts