HKPRO Forums banner

USP Chamber Indicator

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  gemarsh 
#1 ·
Anyone have a pic they can show of the chamber indicator when a round is chambered? How far is it suppose to protrude? Mine dosent really protrude. Wonder if it may be dirty. Just got my KI Full size USP today.

#2 ·
That sounds normal. The chamber indicator most times will show a sliver of red/orange at best. It's really hard to tell sometimes. Just stick with the rule that one should always assume a weapon is loaded and treat it as such till you confirm otherwise.

By the way, nice pick up on the stainless model as your first USP. I have two stainless USP models waiting for me at my FFL.

#3 ·
Thanks. My late model dosent have the red sliver or anything. Maybe since its a 98 model. I'm planning on putting the match trigger if i can get my hands on one. That first shot is really heavy. Whats the diff with aiming with a glock and aiming with the USP? I trained at front sight with a glock 17 and have come very good with my G35. I was shocked of how off my shots were with the USP. While at the range today and my shots were going low and follow up shots to the lower left.. this a issue when new? Former owner didnt shoot it much.

#4 ·
The USP does not have a loaded chamber indicator. Only the USPC, Tactical, Expert, and Elite have them. Unless they have added them this year the standard USP does not have the LCI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.