HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how's it going? Just had a quick question and wanted your opinion. I recently picked up both the Usp Compact in 9mm and .45acp in stainless steel. I saw the .40sw for $630 shipped online. Should I buy it to have the complete collection or what are your inputs on the .40sw round? Never shot the .40 before. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I love mine. I just point and shoot and it goes where I want it to. It is my EDC. I was thinking about getting another and could only find one for $700. It had about 300 rounds through it. Gunsamerica.com

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think most people would answer that you should of course complete your collection. And if money is no object, then that would (naturally) entail buying three pristine examples of each caliber, in each size, for each year of production and each finish variant produced that year - not to forget the "luxury" variants like the elite, expert, tactical, etc., which you would also buy three each of, for each caliber and year available...

But seriously, it all comes down to your preference. Obviously most people are going to have a reason to set the goalposts for their collections a little lower than that. The USP40 Compact is one of my favorite .40S&W pistols I have ever shot, and I'll probably never sell it because, after living through the Great 9mm Shortage of 2013, I always want to own at least one .40S&W handgun from here on out. The USP40C is great because it's relatively concealable and has very good capacity, while handling the recoil of the caliber way better than average. That said, if you already own the 9 and the 45 of the same gun, I'm not sure I can make the case why you'd need the 40 too without getting into banned caliber discussion. Ammo availability is a very strong reason to own a .40, but I'm not sure if you own other handguns in this caliber as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll probably end up getting it,just to complete the collection. And by the looks of it or from what I saw on line I can buy .40sw for 13.99 a box. Unfortunately for my wallet HK has become an addiction since buying my vp9 2 years ago.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't see a USPc in 40 as a "must have" in your situation. The 9mm Compact has the same dimensions and the ammo is cheaper. I'm not a big fan of 40S&W, though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The .40 USP Compact was my first HK.

It's probably the best shooting .40 pistol out there that I've tried. 40's for the most part are very snappy, but HK really seemed to tame the .40 well.

.40 was easy to find during the ammo panic, and it isn't that much more expensive than 9mm.

I say it's worth picking up.

For the record, my favorite caliber is 9mm, and I prefer my 9mm USP Compact over the .40 one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Damn. I wish I would have saw this earlier. I ordered one yesterday for $637 after shipping.. Could have saved a few dollars!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just traded a Sig p220 for a HK USP 40. I always stayed away from the 40 because of the recoil but I had only shot it in glocks most my life I have shot 45. I took the USP out for the first time this last Tuesday using 40 s&w for the first time also. My dad's glock 17 had more harsh recoil than the USP. And it's more accurate than me and I ain't too bad a shot i don't guess.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Of course buy the 40. On my end, "... but honey the safe has so much room in it, it's a waste of space." Couch duty-- two days.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Pick it up, you will not regret it. I pickup one up earlier this year in newly released stainless. Shoots well, Hk did a great job with the design of the .40 caliber, better than any other manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
After you get the Compact in 40, then all you will need is the colored framed USP Compacts.....it never ends.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I finally found my USPc 9mm - USPc 40's are everywhere. There are more 40's available on gunbroker than 9's and 45's combined. No reason to jump on one now because of price - only buy it if you just want it to complete the collection

1 - 20 of 22 Posts