HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I must say, I've been on this site for a day now and wow, you guys know your HK stuff! I have a quick question regarding the recoil-dampening "bushing" on the HK USP Compact. When you "shake" the gun back and forth or even tilt it up and down at the right moment, the "bushing" tends to slide back and forth across/over the recoil spring. Is this normal or should it stay in place somewhere (like in the front or back)? It tends to make me worry when you can hear something moving inside the gun. :)

P.S. I'm a new proud owner of a V1, USPc 9mm SS!

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dude, that's completely normal. My USP9C's bushing did the same thing when it was brand new. The bushing will settle down after a few hundred rounds. You'll observe/hear much less movement (inside the assembled weapon) once you've put some rounds down-range.

Now, mind you, the bushing is designed to travel freely across the recoil assembly so that won't change, it'll quiet down substantially though.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
A lot of people worry about this at first and if it continues to bother you a solution is to put a dab of thick gun grease, such a Militec-1 grease, on the spring and buffer. That tends to hold it in place and keep it from sliding with such vigor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts