HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I got a NIB USP Compact 9mm for a great price/free shipping. Right away an HK45C mag release was installed. I hate not being able to get my thumb on the hammer, so a new spur hammer was in order, and I got a 5+6 detent plate to eliminate de-cock since I dont use it. After a range trip with Pinion327, he kindly offered to install the hammer, since I dont know a thing about digging into a USP or have the tools. He did a hammer swap for me today as I cleaned/oiled the parts, and installed the 5+6 detent plate on assembly. I think all it needs now are night sights and ammo. As a side note, the new detent plate also eliminated the 1/2 cock. I will post pictures some time, if I can ever get this move done in April! =)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Kost, sound's like all went well. My USPc 9mm is as small as i can go and get a grip with my xl mit's. I have a Stainless and Black there Great HK's. After i got my black one the price's went way up.

I sure like the stainless HK's..BTW my stainless has the HK45c mag release make's a superb gun even better. Waiting for more to get in and put a mag release on my black compact..

·
Registered
818 Posts
Very nice Kost!

I'd like to put a spur hammer on my USP 45C sometime but I'm mainly shooting my HK 45C which has one.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Very nice Kost!

I'd like to put a spur hammer on my USP 45C sometime but I'm mainly shooting my HK 45C which has one.
My HK45c is just a pleasure to shoot. For some reason i shoot it better than my other HK's, what a Great HK!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know what you mean about small, the USP Compact 9mm/.40sw is as small as I can go for compacts, it looks like a P2000SK in my big hands, but its for my fiance, her hands are smaller than a 10 yr old, she seems to like it tho...now to teach her how to shoot it!

I will try to get photos soon. =)

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Hey Kost, I'm glad it all worked out and that you're happy with it. You should have mentioned that you wanted night sights on it, since I'm pretty sure that I have a set of Mepros that I took off of my CT clone when I had CCR install the Heinies on it. Let me know if you want them and I'll start looking around for them. Since I have the sight-jig we could swap them out pretty quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts