1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
i believe so sir

·
Registered
851 Posts
USP Compacts come with bobbed hammers out of the factory. You can get a spurred hammer from HK as a replacement.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The V9/10 (SA/DA-safe, no decock) Compact comes with a spurred hammer but the USP and USPC use the same hammers. Just be sure to order what you want because the standard V1/2 hammer for the Compact is not the standard V1/2 hammer for the USP.
Let's say you wanted a spurred hammer for your V1/2 Compact, order the V1/2 hammer for the USP or the V9/10 hammer for either. But if you wanted a bobbed hammer for the USP V1/2/3/4 make sure you do not order the bobbed hammer for the USP or USPC V5/6 or V7 because those are DAO hammers and are not the same as the SA/DA hammer. In this case you would want the V1/2 or V3/4 hammer for the Compact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd use an H&K authorized armorer or send it back to the factory. You might void the warranty otherwise.

What's your issue with the compact hammer anyway?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
If ANYONE other than HK Trussville does the hammer swap it "by the book" voids the warranty. There are NO authorized service centers outside of HK Trussville, certified armorer or not. This is stated on HK-USA Forums pages at least once and likely several times.* Many people claim to be certified armorers, some are, some are not**, but regardless they are not sanctioned by HK to do repairs for HK. Your warranty is just as voided as if you did the work yourself, although they probably are less likely to screw something up and you needing the warranty repair service.
Personally, it is not a hard swap to do and if you can follow the detailed strip instructions tacked at the top of the Handgun forum you can do it yourself. HK is not too worried about you doing it yourself because the Expert ships with two hammers, one bobbed for IPSC shooting, along with directions for changing them out. However, if you go crazy and screw something up HK does not have to fix it for you under warranty, but it is so simple to do that if you can follow those directions you won't have any trouble doing it yourself.

*This is a copy paste for HK-USA Customer Service Forum:
"HK USA does not have any authorized commercial repair centers outside of the Trussville, Alabama location. Any damage caused to the pistol by an un-authorized repair facility will not be covered under the limited lifetime warranty."

**I have met several people claiming to be certified HK Armorers (as well as other brands) and they did not even know how to change the detent plate, and in the case of one guy who also claimed to be a certified Glock armorer (which is how he got the job-multiple certifications), didn't have a clue on how to get a Glock magazine floor plate off. Think he was really certified in anything? I think not.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Spurred hammer and bobbed hammer... Spurred sticks out for DA cock to SA right?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Bobbed hammer lies nearly flat against the back of the slide effectively making the USPc a double action only weapon (though one can pry the hammer back manually). I think I prefer the hard rubber spurred hammer that my 45 expert and MK23 have.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Anyone have pictures to compare? I have a 9c and I doubt it is a spurred hammer, I have to start to pull the trigger, pulling the hammer back, before I can pry it into cocked for SA.

I would be interested in getting a spurred hammer (if someone had some comparison pics so I knew exactly what the differences were!).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thank you Maverick, that was just what I was looking for.

Anyone know where you can pick up a spurred hammer (USPc 9mm)?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts