HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My USP 45 Compact has the old style firing pin in it. Should I upgrade it to the newer style parts or was breakage in the old style a pretty rare thing?

·
Registered
235 Posts
From what I have read, firing pin breakage was not really common, but it did happen. After I got my USPc45, I did replace the the firing pin, firing pin block, and firing pin block spring so I wouldn't worry about it. I am a bit of a worry wart. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was told by HK they had around 70 break so they redesigned it. There are at least two versions of the old pin and of course the new pin that requires the new block and spring. I think the very old 90's pin with the right angle edges would worry me the most. The have not had any failures with the new design.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I own a USP .45c and Usp9mmC and I upgraded the firing pins to the latest. The .45 was a SS KI. One of the HK guys told me to look in the mirror and if that guys life is worth alot you may want to do the upgrade. I bought both guns used and didn't know how much they were dry fired so I did the upgrade. It gives me piece of mind when I carry them. If it is a range gun I wouldn't worry so much....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts