HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a somewhat rare USP Compact (357), plan to and have been using it for CC. I know what will happen over the years.

Since HK does not refinish, is there any company that does a "factory" refinish on the slide, it's black and I would like to have it done with whatever finish HK put on it originally I would like to have the option to do it some years down the line (does not need it now). Anyone do aftermarket in the same "finish" that HK uses. I think HK calls it “Hostile Environment” blued finish.

Thanks Experts.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I heard years ago there is a place in AZ that did some sort of finish that was close. The HE protection is in the substrate metal under the bluing. Honestly if I was ever to redo an Blue HE USP slide I would go with IonBond Diamond Black which is super hard like hard chrome and very expensive, or Parkerize which looks great, holds oil very well and resists scuffing and wear as good as the Black finish on the slide now and is priced to be affordable.

I have 2 USP with hard chrome on them, the hard chrome is on top of the HE protected metal. Nothing is going to hurt these slides.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Folks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.