HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve been thinking of adding a HK USP 9mm compact....I have a full sized USP...Does the compact have the same recoil reduction that the full sized has? My wife has small hands and the full sized USP`s grip is just to big for her....Plus does the P30 have the recoil reduction that the USP does?...Thanks Jim

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The Compact has a single spring reduction system. There is great debate about which is mire effective. The P30 also uses a single spring reduction system. The grip of the Compact is no less in girth than the full size. The P2000 and P30 especially have much more manageable grips.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The Compact has a single spring reduction system. There is great debate about which is mire effective. The P30 also uses a single spring reduction system. The grip of the Compact is no less in girth than the full size. The P2000 and P30 especially have much more manageable grips.
The spring info is true. However, from my experience, I don't feel that what I highlighted is entirely accurate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see I had not had the compact in my hand...so the compact has the same sized grip then that will not work...I guess I have to look into the P30 or the P2000 Thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
I see I had not had the compact in my hand...so the compact has the same sized grip then that will not work...I guess I have to look into the P30 or the P2000 Thanks Jim
The USP Compact and the P2000 are really close in size and the USP Compact is smaller than the P30. The USP Compact grip is smaller than the USP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The USP Comdpact, P30, and HK45 Series utilize the nylon buffer as the recoil reduction mechanism.
Do you feel that the recoil reduction system in the P30 is as effective as the full sized usp.....The reason I ask is my wife felt my gun shot nice but just felt the grip was just to large....Jim

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Do you feel that the recoil reduction system in the P30 is as effective as the full sized usp.....The reason I ask is my wife felt my gun shot nice but just felt the grip was just to large....Jim
The recoil in the P30 is more than effective, I'd say. There is virtually no recoil in the P30 9mm. If you're thinking about buying the P30 for your wife, don't make the same mistake I did, do not let her hold it. Because once she holds the P30, it won't be the last one she asks you to buy for her. :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The USP Compact and the P2000 are really close in size and the USP Compact is smaller than the P30. The USP Compact grip is smaller than the USP.
I looks like the P30 would be the gun to look for since the grip is the only complaint my wife had....it was my idea about keeping the recoil at the same level as my full sized USP....I`d really like to have another HK insted of looking to other guns to fit her if I can....Thanks Jim

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
From someone with smaller hands I can say that the USPc is smaller and easier to manipulate the controls on than the full size USP. The grip texture is a bit more aggressive than the P2000 which in my opinion leads to better recoil management for someone with a smaller/weaker grip such as a woman. Other than that the grip of the USPc and the P2000 are more similar than the USP and USPc are.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The recoil in the P30 is more than effective, I'd say. There is virtually no recoil in the P30 9mm. If you're thinking about buying the P30 for your wife, don't make the same mistake I did, do not let her hold it. Because once she holds the P30, it won't be the last one she asks you to buy for her. :wink:
HAHA I`ll bet your right she`ll be looking for more...but that`s not bad the family of them will still reside in the same house and I can just do a little pretending that I`m buying all of these for her:wink:....It`s looking like I `m getting closed to solving the problem....Thanks Jim

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have both the USPc and the P2000 and I think the P2000's recoil is minimal (truthfully, they both are). I bought a P2000 for an ex-girlfriend and she still has it and shoots it with no problem, and she was not a shooter to begin with. The grip is svelte and trim and suits her well, and the recoil on it was absolutely manageable. You'd be suited well with either pistol, with my nod going to the P2000 (especially if you don't have one yet). Both pistols are set up with the light LEM and I love them. I fell in love with the USPc when I first saw it in 1993 and finally bought one; I should've done this 19 years ago!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought a P30 and loved the grip difference from the USP until I started carrying it and it chewed my side up,Undershirt time but just carry my USP compact ,always has felt better to me

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is the trigger reach on the full size USP a great difference from the Compact? Other than photos, I haven't seen them side by side. I have short fingers(trigger finger 3").

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
just measured mine - back of back strap to front of trigger and the distance is 1/4 inch longer on the USP9 than my USPc9.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Bought the wife a USP compact 9mm, she loved it. Later on down the road she held the P30, bought that. Later on down the same road she looked at the P2000sk, bought that. Lesson learned, don't take your wife down the same road I did.

·
Registered
854 Posts
guess I'm lucky mine likes the USPf .40...least its the cheapest one to replace!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts