HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man guys my head is spinning HK logos round and around my head. lol

I love the LEM triggers, I also love my USP but wish it were smaller and more concealable. Come to find out about this USP CT and man it looks like it has the best of all worlds. What I have been reading is there is a difference in the sight's, high or low. What is the deal with that?

Also concealed carry wise how do they compare? There is NO store around that has any decent selection of HK pistols so I doubt I will get to handle a USP CT or a P2000. So I am asking for your help.

Right now I have a USP .45 DA/SA, 2-P2000SK's both LEM's one .357 and the other 9mm.

Thanks for the help, right now there is great pricing on the P2000 in .357 with the lem trigger and I am very tempted. Other side of me loves .45's.

HELP!!!!! LOL

Thanks,

Billy

·
Registered
616 Posts
wow, that is a tough one lol. Im going through a similar debate now. I would think that the P2000 is probably going to be more comfortable to carry because of its shape. Other than that its a toss up. I definitely want a suppressor soon, but I dont know if I will want to suppress 45 which is why I am not jumping on the CT quite yet.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have a P2000sk (my throw around all purpose gun), a P2000 which i have now sold, and 4 USP CT's. I absolutely love the CT. I have two with the tall Novak night sights and two with regular USP Compact Night sights, one of them hard chromed for carry, as it slides easier in and out of a holster (i love the way it feels) and it doesn't show signs of wear at all. The P2000 is a good gun and FEELS great, until you shoot it. I had a .40cal, and it kicks sharper than the .45 CT does. I personally like shooting the CT's better, and side by side, I am more accurate with the .45 CT, so why not choose that? Plus, the USP grip is more blocky than the P2000, but feels really secure when you are actually shooting it. I like it better. and it doesn't hurt that it totally looks badass... the CT should be Jack Bauer's gun. =)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a P2000sk (my throw around all purpose gun), a P2000 which i have now sold, and 4 USP CT's. I absolutely love the CT. I have two with the tall Novak night sights and two with regular USP Compact Night sights, one of them hard chromed for carry, as it slides easier in and out of a holster (i love the way it feels) and it doesn't show signs of wear at all. The P2000 is a good gun and FEELS great, until you shoot it. I had a .40cal, and it kicks sharper than the .45 CT does. I personally like shooting the CT's better, and side by side, I am more accurate with the .45 CT, so why not choose that? Plus, the USP grip is more blocky than the P2000, but feels really secure when you are actually shooting it. I like it better. and it doesn't hurt that it totally looks badass... the CT should be Jack Bauer's gun. =)
How did the P2000's grip compare in size to the CT grip? I am sort of debating the USPc45/45CT or P2000 and I am curious how big the largest backstrap on the P2000 is to the CT grip?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The P2000's grip feels smoother and smaller when you are handeling it. But I wouldn't say that it is really any smaller than the USP's, it is just sleeker and smoother. When it comes to combat shooting, the USP grip feels great, you seem to have a better feel and control of the gun because of the more brutish grip. Hard to explain, but if you tried both side by side while shooting, I don't think you would dislike the USP grip so much. Also, the CT should not be overlooked. Great gun, I have a surpressor, and can conceal it as well as a P2000. Both are the same size, when people compare the differences it is getting down to millimeters. Not much that makes any real world difference. On a side note, I like the slide return way better on the USP, all polimer, where as the P2000's are metal, and look like they have ware on them right from the get go. They shine like they are wearing off. I much preferr the Polimer controls of the USP. Just my 2 cents. =)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have the uspf 45 and a P2000sk .40 the p2000sk is too narrow and doesnt give me the great natural point of aim I get in the usp45, thats why wanted to know if the larger backstrap on the P2000 makes it similar in size to the usp 45 hoping the POA would improve in my hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts