HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a simple how to guide for disabling the decocker on the USP Tactical? I was told it's a fairly simple process.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Just replace your V1 detent plate with a 5+6 detent plate from HKParts. Then follow this to replace the detent plate.

Basically:

1. Remove the slide
2. Push out the sear axle pin to sit flush with the LEFT side of the frame. Don't push it out all the way
3. Slide out the V1 detent plate
4. Slide in the V5+6 detent plate
5. Push the sear axle pin back to the left so it sits flush with the RIGHT side of frame

HK USP | Detent plate - HKPARTS.NET

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
This detent plate converts your V1 to V9 -- Single Action Only. This what you want? There is no way to decock the pistol other than dry firing once this plate in in the pistol. Also used for LEM models where you want to retain the Safety (ya gotta use the lever too).

Note in Step 2 (above) the detent plate in the pistol can spring out wildly. Ease it out so the spring and detent slide stay in the pistol. A lot easier when reassembling.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
This detent plate converts your V1 to V9 -- Single Action Only. This what you want? There is no way to decock the pistol other than dry firing once this plate in in the pistol. Also used for LEM models where you want to retain the Safety (ya gotta use the lever too).

Note in Step 2 (above) the detent plate in the pistol can spring out wildly. Ease it out so the spring and detent slide stay in the pistol. A lot easier when reassembling.

-- Chuck
Are you sure V9 is SA only?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I dont use de-cock, so I went V9 on a USP Compact 9mm, first shot is DA if firing with the hammer forward. Note that V1 eliminates the 1/2 cock ... another feature I dont use. V9 is nice! =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts