HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been a question I have been wanting to ask but checked the forums first to see if the answer was laying around here somewhere. Unfortunately, I was not able to find an answer. Anyway, my question is when the USP is in double action and I pull the trigger I hear a click first before the triggers breaks. I never noticed this until a friend pointed this out to me. So I play around with it a little more and pull the trigger slightly and I hear the click and see the hammer set back slightly. Because the Sig I had available did not do this...

Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
When you say setback, does the trigger stay in place where the decocker drops the trigger? My USP hammer will lock in place there after slightly pulling the trigger slightly. I don't hear a click though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say setback, does the trigger stay in place where the decocker drops the trigger? My USP hammer will lock in place there after slightly pulling the trigger slightly. I don't hear a click though.
When I pull the trigger just a bit it sets the hammer back very slightly and the trigger resets back to its original position. Btw, I have a Variant 1 just in case some of you were wondering.

Try pulling your trigger all the way again on your USP in double action and listen for a small click.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Some SIGs do that. My P238 does although it's SAO. IIRC, it's a part of the firing pin block safety to prevent the pistol from firing without actually pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some SIGs do that. My P238 does although it's SAO. IIRC, it's a part of the firing pin block safety to prevent the pistol from firing without actually pulling the trigger.
That is what I was starting to think but was not quite sure. Thanks!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jhammon2287 mentioned he does not hear a click. Does anyone else's USP have that click when pulling the trigger in DA?

Pull the trigger slowly all the way and you will hear it. It is normal right?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I had my USP9 with Match trigger once and it did what you described. There was a slight "click" when the hammer went past the half cocked position. It could be felt as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is just to set hammer half cocked...should have known...Big Bore said it best...

Yes and no. It is not really a safety to prevent discharge, but it is a safety in that the when the hammer is decocked using the decocker the hammer is lowered to this position instead of all the way down resting on the firing pin. The main safeties are the firing pin block which is only deactivated when the trigger is held fully to the rear and the mechanical safety control lever on the V1 and 2, V5 and 6, and V9 and 10. It is the FPB that is the main safety which keeps the pistol from firing if dropped and the pistol lands on the hammer and shears the half-cock notch. The rubber tip on the hammer also helps absorb the fall and was incorporated to help pass some state's drop test.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Apparently, I just never paid attention. There is a very audible click. I'm so used to cocking it into single action I guess I never noticed before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts