HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, Im new to this forum, but not new to HK. I have been using USP's back to the early 1990's. I say this not to get all braggy on ya, just to predefine I'm not a novice shooter. I have 6 USP's that are all fantastic shooters and are as accurate as I can drive them. 2 9C's, 9, 40, 45, and 45c... But I have never been able to reliably shoot my new USP Expert 45 and my not so new ( bought it in 2002 i think) USP Elite 45. They both shoot 3 inches low @ 10 yards and maybe 5 inches low at 20 yards. I have bench rested the pistol, I have adjusted the sights for elevation, to no avail. I also am a Sig nut as well and I do just fine with those firearms too. Just these to Tall front sight USP's I cannot tame.... My sight picture is flat across the top (rear and front even with equal distance between the gaps where i can see light looking thru the rear at the front) Im really kind of stumped. Has anyone else had this issue with the tall front sight HK's?
thanks in advance all.

John

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
The Expert 45 I shot was a tack driver at all ranges. I used the cover sight picture so front dot covers the Bullseye. I would shoot the same sight picture with an Elite, at least until I figured out the sight regulation.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not install new sights, Im using the factory OEM sights. Rear is adjustable, front blade is the tall (suppressor) sight. i believe they call this the Match sights? thanks allfor the feed back.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Technically if your gun is shooting 3 inches low at 25 meters and your sight radius is about 7.5 inches. If you raise your rear site .565 mm it should raise your POI 3".
I think I said that right.
I think I should have said "it will lower your POA".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts