HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi from italy guys
im a newby of this forum
i have bought yesterday a wonderful usp Expert in .40 cal.

the adjustable sight of this usp are a bit dark and i think to change it with an adjustable tritium sight.
i have look a nice sight from meprolight at this website
http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Pro...eprolight.html

it is the second from the end of the page, #ML21516
now this is my problem..
it say i can use it on usp full size tactical set.

if i buy it, can u use on my Expert??
and if yes, it is an hard operation to change the sight? or is better i let do it by a gun shop where i bouhgt gun?

thank u for the help and excuse me for my bad english
ciao
andy

·
Registered
81 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi from italy guys
im a newby of this forum
i have bought yesterday a wonderful usp Expert in .40 cal.

the adjustable sight of this usp are a bit dark and i think to change it with an adjustable tritium sight.
i have look a nice sight from meprolight at this website
http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Pro...eprolight.html

it is the second from the end of the page, #ML21516
now this is my problem..

and if yes, it is an hard operation to change the sight? or is better i let do it by a gun shop where i bouhgt gun?

thank u for the help and excuse me for my bad english
ciao
andy

TRy Ameriglo, they have a specific front sight for the USP Expert, it is shorter than the tactical front sight

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Andy, The rear sight on the USP Expert sits lower due to a cut out section at the rear of the slide. This allows the Front sight to be lower on the expert than it is on the tactical, which means, unfortunately, than the sights for the tactical will not work on the expert. They will fit on, but the Front sight will be too tall.

Perhaps somebody out there knows of a set that will work, but I do not.

Thanks,
Jeray

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Cool, Good Job Maurice, that was fast BTW.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks u guys.

Maurice, im looking on ameriglo, and i have found the front sight ...
it's appear to be nice...

but.. what about the rear??
i want a adj rear tritium sight...

guys.. do u think that the rear mepro adj tritium sight linked at my first post does work on my expert??

any other idea ????

i have shot with usp first time this evening... first time i fire with a .40.. i always shoot with my 1911 .45....
and ..yeah...usp is a very nice gun...
one bad thing only... i really dont like the sight.. too big and dark....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not too sure about that rear sight, but I think ameriglo would have a rear one that would work, however, you will not be as precise. The problem with using a Tactical adjustable sight set on the Expert is that the rear can only go up so high, not high enough to bring the POI up to a reasonable level ( it will be hitting very low). But, you should be able to use the rear Mepro with the front Ameriglo Expert sight. ( I think.....)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maurice
im thinking the same as u.. use the ameriglo front sight and the mepro rear adj. sight...

i only want to be sure that the rear mepro sight fit on my expert.

if someone here know that, or have already used this mepro rear adj sight on a usp expert, please let me know so i will buy it.
thank guys
ciao
andy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maurice..
thank u for help
i have just wrote at meproligt 4 days ago , but notingh reply for the moment...
if u have 2 free minute... and if u want do it, try to write ...maybe your english is better than mine...;-)
i have also wrote at H&K... but .. they didnt reply too....:-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alternative Sights for USP Expert

This is an old thread, but it seems that there was no final answer from anyone on whether the suggestions given would work.
I would also be interested in changing the sights on my USP Expert to something more viewable (given my slightly failing eyesight)!

All info appreciated.

Tomans.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Just bumping tyhis back up to see if there are possible advice or answers.

Thanks.
Answer for this.....

#ML21516
now this is my problem..

This will work fine in an Expert ~ I have in the Elite, Expert 45 & 9 and Tac.

I have however replaced the front Tritium with one from Ameriglo that is slightly shorter (than the Tac height sight) but only on my Elite and Experts. This give me a greater range of adjustments but it will work with the taller front sight.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Just found this thread while searching for something else... I'm going to bump this with confirmation that I have had Mepro's adjustable nightsights on my expert 45 for 6 years. They work well and the pistol is as accurate/consistant as with the original sights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just found this thread while searching for something else... I'm going to bump this with confirmation that I have had Mepro's adjustable nightsights on my expert 45 for 6 years. They work well and the pistol is as accurate/consistant as with the original sights.
I also have the Mepro's on my USP Expert .45, much better than having no dots at all.

Only problem: I had a gunsmith mount them. When I finally got to the range a couple months later, I realized that he sighted them - at what distance I do not know. I tried to work it out and played around with the sights at the range, but with little experience behind the gun, it has really screwed me up.

Do you or anyone know at what distance the adjustable sights are set from the factory or what will be a good distance to set them at (gun will be for defense, not completion)?
I want to take it in to be professional sighted before I shoot it again. I will be great to have a new start point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts