HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello *@*,

I think I will fall for a Docter Sight soon :320000:
So today I took a close look at the stock (rear) sights which came with the USP Expert .. looks like disassembly/reassembly should be easy. But then I noticed somthing in the gap between the sight and the slide, when viewed from above .. there are the end coils of a small spring, in fact it seems to be the spring of the firing pin safety (you can see the safety bolt moving when pulling the trigger SA).

Will this spring pop out when I take off the rear sight? It looks to me as if the spring rests directly on the bottom of the sight. Also, since this is unusual, is there a recommended direction in which one should push off the rear sight?

Thanks,

Valynor

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Spring will pop up. It's better to remove firing pin safety and pring before sight removal.

To remove sight I usually push (knock actually ;) ) from left to right.

As to mounting Docter, I hope that you are aware that USPf adapter for Docter will not fit Expert slide without machining slide or adapter? I think to do same to my Expert (as well as ported barrel and slide).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spring will pop up. It's better to remove firing pin safety and pring before sight removal.

To remove sight I usually push (knock actually ;) ) from left to right.

As to mounting Docter, I hope that you are aware that USPf adapter for Docter will not fit Expert slide without machining slide or adapter? I think to do same to my Expert (as well as ported barrel and slide).
Thanks for your advice.
As for the adapter, I was thinking of getting this one: http://www.henneberger.de/index40.htm (scroll down) Guess I will be brave though and try assembly without removing the firing pin safety first (I assume the spring is just a drop-in, right?).

-Valynor

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Thanks for your advice.
As for the adapter, I was thinking of getting this one: http://www.henneberger.de/index40.htm (scroll down)
Looks like slide was machined to accomodate adapter.

EDIT: On second look, mybe not. Maybe it's just sitting over slide. BTW How much does it cost? I could use one as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like slide was machined to accomodate adapter.

EDIT: On second look, mybe not. Maybe it's just sitting over slide. BTW How much does it cost? I could use one as well.
The description says "no machining of any kind necessary" so I guess it's plug'n'play. ;-) Price for the base plate is €99,- which seems a bit expensive to me.

www.triebel.de has a base for €76,- (no picture tho), search for "docter montageplatte expert", it's the one called
"Montageplatte 'Docter'SIGHT f.H&K Expert/Elite !NICHT USP!" No. 251235.

-Valynor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts