HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the front sight on my usp 40 keeps drifting from side to side,i had new ones installed and i'm having the same problem.any ideas

·
Registered
851 Posts
Try some Loctite. I think my smith used it on my sights when it was installed because I thought it was rust till some of the Pro's on here pointed out it was probably Loctite or some other adhesive. Which it turned out to be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya DB,

I had my front sight drifting on a brand new P2000SK. I called up HK and they said a wrong type was installed initially and that the problem would show up only after 50 rounds or so. Sent them the slide - they replaced the sight no problem.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you use loctite, be sure to use the one that is less permanante in case you ever want to change them again. Stuff works great. I use it on a screw that holds down my carborator on an old classic of mine.
Arthur

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
If you use loctite, be sure to use the one that is less permanante in case you ever want to change them again. Stuff works great. I use it on a screw that holds down my carborator on an old classic of mine.
Arthur
And if you ever need to get it off - there is a solvent for superglue which will soften loctite as well. You can get it anywhere that radio controlled models are sold, they call it debonder, it's kept with their CA glue.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think acetone (nail polish remover) will work as well to remove it. And it will leave your gun smelling pretty too, LOL :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts