HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how does the USP compact shoot compared to the Full Size?

Is there more recoil with the compact?

Other differences?

·
Registered
25 Posts
FS lighter recoil

I have fired both HK's and the full size USP has a noticeably lighter recoil. It has the least of any 9mm I have fired, though it may be equal to the P7. It has been too long since I shot one of them. The recoil reducing system really works. If you don't mind the bigger size, it is worth getting and really fun to shoot. The full size USP is usually a little bit cheaper than the compact also.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So how does the USP compact shoot compared to the Full Size?

Is there more recoil with the compact?

Other differences?
I shot my Tac 45 for the first time today. It felt real nice, the trigger was good but will need some work(polishing and such). The recoil was less than my Kimber Team Match and a Colt 1991 my buddy had with him. I also need to find where the sights are zeroed. I wasn't hitting the steel targets every shot.

After I emptied 4 mags with the 45 I switched to my 40 Compact. I have lots of experience with the compact and was hitting the steel targets like crazy. The recoil and the muzzle flip of the 40 are violent compared to the mild fullsize 45. The 40 makes me feel like I'm shooting a bigger gun! Although this happens with the compact it does however go back on target quick. The trigger on the compact is real close to the match trigger on my guns for some reason although the break is cleaner on the Tac.

They are both awesome and would recommend both. Obviously the compact is good for CCW but if I were LE I would carry the Tac or even USPf. They need night sights though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have fired both HK's and the full size USP has a noticeably lighter recoil. The recoil reducing system really works.
They don't make a recoil reduction system for the Compact?

·
Registered
178 Posts
No recoil reduction system in the compacts because they dont fit. The compact has a single guide rod spring and a nylon bushing.

Oh and 40 has the most recoil compared to 9mm and 357.

One more thing, you can switch out the 40 barrel with a 357 barrel and use the 40 mags with 357!!! if you like 357.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
For what it's worth, I am still consistently shooting my USPc .40 better than my USPf .40. I actually experience more "flip" from the larger gun. I am thinking this has alot to do with the high pressures of the .40 round with the heavier slide and it's momentum upon firing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
whare in the country are you located ? i'm sure you can find someone here who has both and would let you shoot them. :44:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have USPf & P2000 in 9mm, DA/SA. (P2k is for carry) Both shoot very accurately on bullseye targets at all distances, but for double-tap, multiple targets, at combat distances of 3,5 & 7 yds. the P2k really wins in every respect; quicker draw, quicker first shot, more accurate first shot, tighter groups, quicker mag changes.

I'm 5'10" & 175#, pretty average body dimensions but my hands are slightly larger than most guys my size. The P2k medium backstrap fits me better than the USP. I've shot the P2k well with the small backstrap also.

As far as recoil goes. I haven't noticed too much difference, but I can get the P2k back on target quicker for follow-up shots. Perhaps it's the shorter sight radius????.

I really prefer the P2k over the USPf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts