HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tossing around the idea of changing the rear yellow two dot Mepro sights for a ghost ring by Entreprise Arms. Anybody have this set up? The front would still be a green Mepro, the rear probably plain black because the twin Trijicon dot sights cost way more. I thought I read it somewhat blocks your vision while shooting being taller and wider than standard sights, if there's no advantage than why mess with what I have... most of my weapons already and outfitted with Mepro night sights.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not worth the money. It won't make you shoot faster or more accurate. Learning what you need to see from the sights is a more valuable skill to learn than to plop down some money and expecting improvement.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The USP parts kit I purchased came with some of the enterprise/trijicon ghost ring night sights on it. I'm undecided on them. I am trying to get rid of them since I've got a suppressor in the process of getting transferred, and want tall sights on both slide combinations I've got. Plus, since I'm so used to the tall sights on my stainless slide, I feel like these sights are harder to use just because they are shorter that what I'm used to.

If you have any tall sights, I'd trade you my night sights if you want. I'm trying to do that in the classifieds right now. It'd save you a penny, and you could get full night sights.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look different, perhaps even "tacticool" nothing I have (handgun) is set up with a ghost ring sight except my 11-87 Remington and rifles. But like has been referenced, I shoot well with standard mepros, they're on most of my carry weapons, and I have found yellow/green to be what works for me. Thanks for the input so far...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't like them. The sight picture you want is for the front sight to be level with the rear. It's hard to get this in any meaningful way when your rear sight is a circle. I was taught to bring the front sight down in between the rear sights when presenting the gun. So this made the Ghost Ring especially usless for me. I found that in dim or dark conditions... I lost sight of my front sight completely. That's a bad thing. The Ghost Rings for pistols is a fad. Nothing more. If you like the way they look... that's one thing. But expect no improvement or advantage over what you have. And it sounds like you have damn fine sights on your weapon as is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had these on my USP 9 a few years back. I was underwhelmed by them. My recollection may be inexact but I remember finding the rear tritium dots too far apart for normal 3 dot shooting.
Just my 2 cents, and YMMV,
B.

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you are using the 3 dots, no point having the ghost ring in the first place.

For precision work, the gap is way too big to be precise. For close work, if I yanked the rear sight off your gun, you will end up shooting as well if not better. At really close ranges, you don't really need to have the sights on the gun. So the only thing ghost rings do is spend the money you could have used to buy ammo.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Placing them on a handgun, ie far away from Your eye, is defeating the principles this system works on. Keep them for long guns..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a set on my USP fullsize 9mm. that I got a few months ago. I would not pay more for them over a set of Mepros Night sights, but they work just fine. You will have no problem with them if you are use to the 3 dot system. They do stick up kind of high though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I guess I'm the odd man out on these. I have them on my Glock 21SF. Super fast target acquisition. I wouldn't use them on a CCW gun but for my nightstand piece they work well with the Surefire X200.

I used them in a quasi IDPA (not sanctioned, I know they're not allowed for IDPA) match and they served me well. I was mainly experimenting when I got them as the 21SF will never be used for CCW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts