HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

I recently purchased a USP compact .40 S&W. After a morning at the shooting range, I noticed my stock handgrips were peeling off. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I attempt to use an adhesive to re-attach them? Can anyone recommend a solution? I have left messages for customer support at HK-USA, but have not yet received a response.

Thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
U can buy these aftermarket. They are just decals. If U use the gun a lot, they will not last. If U like them, you can replace them yourself.

I bought a set from Brownells for my USPc. They make rubber ones and grip tape ones. It is the same ones that HK puts on the gun.

Go to the Brownells site and type in "Grip decals"

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MrShipwreck!

I appreciate your advice, and you're faster than the manufacturer was in your reply. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use grip tape on mine from the local hardware store. Just be sure to degrease first. When cleaning try to avoid getting oil or solvent on the grips and they will last for a long time

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, it is nice to have the exact type decals that fit exactly instead of trying to cut grip tape.

And, I personally like the rubber decal grips better than the sticky, grippy ones.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ditto on the Houge... both of mine are upside down, great feel.

·
Registered
279 Posts
AJAX sells both sand and rubber DECAL GRIPs for all the HK Models. Be sure to clean the grip with denatured alcohol (rubbing) prior to install. Alcohol will remove oil without softening the plastic. www.decalgrip.com

·
Registered
239 Posts
If I use a sleeve, it's Lone Wolf's Qwik Grip w/o finger grooves, also available through Brownell's, it's thicker and much more durable than Hogue. I have used Decal Grips in the past. If the weapon is not carried or shot a lot, they last for years. The second it goes in a duty holster cut that time down to a year or less before you need to drop $10 bucks for a new set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts