HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this old auction from about 7 months ago. I was under the impression that HK didn't make a USP in .22 cal. Anyone know if any were ever produced?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
That's either a 9mm or a .40 USP full size. The only two pistols H&K made that shot .22lr were the HK4 and the P7K3 with the .22 conversion.

·
Registered
854 Posts
no conversion kits exist either...an obscure foreign barrel was rumored but never materialized...HK is NOT invested in civilian marketplace therefore 22LR is not ever never ever going to be an option because it has no LEO or Military significance

doing a on-off 22LR conversion kit isnt viable either due to magazine issues

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
There is no such thing as a factory USP in .22LR.

But someone definitely stole that USP, whatever caliber it was, for only $350!

·
Registered
66 Posts
A rimfire USP would be awesome, then I could do away with the mosquito.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
It is a strange fact that non of the .22 conversion kit companies picked up any of the HK pistols to make a conversion kit for.
My guess here is, that they sell very conversion kit they make for the other guns, so why bother.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Never heard of a .22 USP either...

·
Registered
854 Posts
the conversion kits are an odd market...in our case they would have to have a blowback slide and magazine for the bulky usp frames...itd be an engineering nightmare to make it all work AND satisfy the bean counting d-bags...

who knows tho...Umarex might build a replica in 22lr (considering the popularity of the 22LR clones) and the USP is a decent candidate for it...and Umarex relies SOLELY on civilian sales

Two choices you going to learn a lot of clearing FTF and FTE!
that and get used to buying CCI Mini-Mags...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Two choices you going to learn a lot of clearing FTF and FTE!
Recommend anything else, or does one not exist. LOL Figured the FTF, FTE would be miminal with the somewhat better makes of Kimber, SIG, etc.

the conversion kits are an odd market...in our case they would have to have a blowback slide and magazine for the bulky usp frames...itd be an engineering nightmare to make it all work AND satisfy the bean counting d-bags...

who knows tho...Umarex might build a replica in 22lr (considering the popularity of the 22LR clones) and the USP is a decent candidate for it...and Umarex relies SOLELY on civilian sales

that and get used to buying CCI Mini-Mags...
CCI Mini-Mags?

I actually been looking to into getting all the Umarex verison of the HK416 & MP5 for fun and to collect. I've been seeing good sale prices as of late.

·
Registered
619 Posts
CCI Mini-Mags?
The only reliable .22 LR catridge that increases the likelihood of the Mosquito cycling effectively. At least in mine anyway. For the most part when it comes to 22 pistols I usually stick with the Mini Mags. Just seem to have more luck with them.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The Mosquito has a rep for being a jam-o-matic...and well a Kimber is....a Kimber....I say find one of the Walther P22s or the new Ruger SR-22 is AWESOME and cheap

And the CCIs are reliable and effective...handguns are a lot pickier than the rifles are typically

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
The Mosquito has a rep for being a jam-o-matic...
The SIG Sauer conversion kits you can buy for the P226/229 have their issues as well.
That includes the .22 P226/229 pistols you can buy.
The only SIG Sauer .22 pistol 100% working is the 1911 which is built by GSG.
However, you are better off buying then the GSG and safe yourself some money.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You're going to run into jamming problems with pretty much all the blowback .22lr semi-auto pistols that are designed like their big brother combat handgun counterparts. Even with an aluminum slide (which they all have), that's still a lot of mass for the tiny charge that comes out of a .22lr round to cycle properly and consistently. That's where the extra oomph from high velocity rounds such as Mini Mags comes in. If you want to shoot just any ol' .22 ammo reliably, get a Browning Buckmark or a Ruger MkII or MkIII.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The Mosquito has a rep for being a jam-o-matic...and well a Kimber is....a Kimber....I say find one of the Walther P22s or the new Ruger SR-22 is AWESOME and cheap

And the CCIs are reliable and effective...handguns are a lot pickier than the rifles are typically
Both my Mosquito and P22 were very frustrating. No fun when one spends so much time on problems. Recently picked up a GSG 1911-22 for just over $300 that has been a blast. It works, it's accurate and had a decent trigger. Sig sells the exact same pistol. Lots of fun. GSG comes out and plainly says "use high velocity ammo" Minimags work fine in all my .22s. Excellent ammo.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts