HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum....didn't see anything specific to this question in previous posts.

Installed Jet Funnel into USP 9. Easy.

The funnel kit came with a hollow metal pin (with teeth) to secure the funnel to grip. Does anyone know if it is necessary to use the provided kit pin, or is it acceptable to use the existing polymer pin that came installed in the gun?

I know the funnel is made of metal, but the USP frame is still polymer....so not sure if the metal kit pin is necessary. I ended up installing the funnel with the polymer pin....went in much easier.

My main concern is that over time, will the weight of the metal funnel cause the polymer pin to "snap?"

Thanks for your time, Phil

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
You can use the stock, polymer pin that came with your gun. It goes in easier than the supplied JF roll-pin. I have used it on all but one of my USPs with JF.

The JF roll-pin can also be driven in with a roll-pin punch and a small hammer, in case you want to change course later down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Glad to know there were no issues. Will stick with the polymer pin for now.

Phil

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm pretty certain the factory lanyard loop pin that was originally on your gun is, or should be, steel. I know mine is, and i re-used it to install the Jet Funnel on one of my USP9s. If you purchased your USP9 used, it's possible the previous owner installed an incorrect pin. More so than the weight of the Jet Funnel itself, i'd be concerned with the tension of the hammer spring, which that pin bears. If your pin is in fact polymer, i'd get in touch with HKCS and see about getting the correct pin for your pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts