HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the LEM trigger on my USP45 works half the time. I noticed this during a range shoot where it would work as normal then I would feel that heavy trigger coming back. I inspected the gun and it seems normal. I took it apart and inspected the parts to see if there is any excessive wear that would creat a problem. I manually cocked the hammer to see how the internals work together. I noticed the notch of the cocking piece (part 63) sometimes does not mate with the sear (part 38L). I noticed that if I put pressure on the control latch (part 36) the sear engages the cocking piece everytime. I follow the intructions everytime and it appears to be work fine, but then I would rack the slide and would see the hammer travel all the way without the sear engaging the cocking piece.

Is this a common problem of normal wear (200 rounds a month for three years, I don't think this is much)?

Should I just replace the whole system or some of its parts?

This gun was stored in an evidence locker for almost a year and don't know how it was stored. It was returned to me and I went ahead and cleaned it. This is my work gun and is the only one with the LEM modded USP in inventory. I really dont want to return it if it doesn't work properly.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I don't have time right now to dive into it but off hand I believe your flat spring in the culprit. If it was damaged during installation then it can fail in short order. They are cheap and if you have hemostats or a set of narrow long-jawd needle nose pliers you can replace them easily. Check that and your cocking piece spring. I am pretty sure one of those two are the problem and no, they do not normally fail often if ever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnxs Big Bore for the reply

I re-inspected the gun and using your advise along with a manual the problem was discovered...The flat spring is missing from the frame. I'm not an armorer so it was not obvious that spring was not there. I looked at the other USP that was issued and sure enough is there. Our armorers do a complete overhaul of our handguns and I presume that's when the spring went AWOL. The handgun worked as it was suppossed to when I needed it the most, but know I'm left wondering if:

1.- The handgun was manipulated while it was supposse to be in evidence.

2.- During the last service the flat spring was not reinstalled (It will make for a funny story)

Apparently it takes a great deal of effort to get the flat spring out and I know I didn't do it. I ordered the part to get back in service.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tnxs Big Bore

I just wanted to say thanks to the guys of L.E.E.D. in Tacoma, Wa. for their excellent service. I search for a place to get the part but to no avail. I did a search at Lightfighter and noticed L.E.E.D came out a bunch of times. I called on Saturday and Bill said "No problem, I'll drop it in the mail today". I got the part today thanks to the little guys at USPS.

·
2,832 Posts
your welcome :) it was Doug you spoke to.

John

Tnxs Big Bore

I just wanted to say thanks to the guys of L.E.E.D. in Tacoma, Wa. for their excellent service. I search for a place to get the part but to no avail. I did a search at Lightfighter and noticed L.E.E.D came out a bunch of times. I called on Saturday and Bill said "No problem, I'll drop it in the mail today". I got the part today thanks to the little guys at USPS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts