HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a p2000 after hearing great reviews and handling one at the shop. Now I own three USP's, two of which have the "light" LEM trigger I installed myself and love those triggers.

The P2000 I bought is awesome. I put the light LEM trigger in it as well and love the way the gun feels in the hand, conceals, shoots, and it's general balance. The one thing that bugs me is that the reset on the P2000 is significantly longer than the USPc's that I own. I recently read that the P2000's LEM reset is about 8-9 mm, while the USPc's is about 3-4 mm and I can definately tell.

Does anyone else notice this or find it to be an issue? I love everything about the P2000 besides the reset. I especially love the way it carries compared to the USPc but find myself leaning more towards the USPc just because of the trigger.

Does the V3 P2000 DA/SA have a shorter reset than the P2000 LEM or are they the same as well?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm very interested in this because I currently carry a USP for both work and CCW. Planning on picking up a P2000 because I do love the LEM trigger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
faris' comment is correct. The reset on the P2000 is well over twice that of the USP. His values are also correct. Why that is, I haven't a clue though. When I discovered it by checking P2000s at Cabelas I decided I had no need for the P2000. I have two USPf, a .45 and a .40. Both 1995 models. Both are LEMs set to the lowest setting. If I need a compact version I'll get a used USPc.

Regards, POrkie

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
honestly this would be my idea of a perfect gun if not for the reset. I wouldn't mind if I could spend another $300 on it to get a trigger job to shorten the reset but sadly this is not an option as there is not much one can do with this mechanism for a carry gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
honestly this would be my idea of a perfect gun if not for the reset. I wouldn't mind if I could spend another $300 on it to get a trigger job to shorten the reset but sadly this is not an option as there is not much one can do with this mechanism for a carry gun.
+1. I confirmed this with Scott Folk at Gray Guns. Scott said that the reset cannot be shortened, which is probably the only thing about the P2000 not to like.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have shot a USPf 45 and P2000sk extensively and I really havent noticed much of a difference between them? Hmmm...sounds like I havent been paying close enough attention?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have shot a USPf 45 and P2000sk extensively and I really havent noticed much of a difference between them? Hmmm...sounds like I havent been paying close enough attention?
This would only be regarding HKs with the LEM trigger. Did the USPf45 and P2000sk that you shot have the LEM or the DA/SA?

·
Registered
616 Posts
This would only be regarding HKs with the LEM trigger. Did the USPf45 and P2000sk that you shot have the LEM or the DA/SA?
nope both v2 lem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts