HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a light for my usp fullsize .45 - what is my best bet. I thought the utl would be best but there are so many great lights out there - and newer technology in bulbs- but then you need that rail adapter. Why are your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
GG&G makes the best and slimest rail adapter for the USP. Upside is my GG&G compact mount will work on my full size USP as well. Downside is I must remove the adapter to holster the gun, I use DeSantes leather Speed Scabbards.

I like my Insight Technology M3, very bright. When I bought it the lamp in it gave me 2 flashes and died, the spare lamp worked great. Called Insight, and within a week I had a new lamp free of charge. Good customer service and I would buy another one of their products. They also make smaller models and ones with built in lasers as well. Check them out. Keep in mind you have to use the adapter.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
+ 1 for GG&G!!! I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a GG&G + M3X light.

It works GREAT!

I sent comp-tac an extra $20 and they modified my holster to fit the gun + mount. It never leaves the pistol now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have two UTLs and have never had a problem with mine. They are not supposed to be waterproof, but I had mine submerged for a few hours about 4 years ago during a flood. I took it home and pulled it out of the carrier on my duty belt and it worked great. I have heard that this is unusual for these lights though. So if you need a waterproof light, go another route. I guess that the surefire X200s and the X300s are great, but you will need an adapter to use them. Good luck with your choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts