HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, gurus out there, I'm looking for a good mounted light and holster combo. Here is what I need; the ability to flash it on and off easily from both the weak and strong hand and a holster that the whole thing fits in. LED would be nice since the batteries last so much longer but isn't a deal breaker. As far as holsters go, I'm used to the roll top Safariland 6280 so if I can get another roll top holster that would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out www.blade-tech.com if you like kydex holsters. Several of their "holsters with tactical light" can be molded to fit various USPs with various lights.

I personally have a USPt .45 with a Promag HK-1913 adapter with a Streamlight M6 light/laser (not the M6x, btw) attached ... when it's in the nightstand. I haven't purchased a holster to carry with the light, though I do have a Blade-Tech IWB (the "ultimate concealment" model ... I love it).

I tried to get a shoulder holster custom-made, and the guy kept messing up so now I have something that fits my gun, but without the light. (Which is better than what I had the first time ... it fit with the light on but would't retain. Lousy, especially after paying $170 for a custom-made rig!)

So, in my experience, while most independent leather shops do custom work, unless the guy actually has the combination of pistol and accessories you're looking for, you might get back something weird. Blade-Tech advertises that they'll do USP+light holsters, which I think is a good sign. If I knew of another place, I'd mention that too (always good to keep your options open), but right now that's all I can offer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, gurus out there, I'm looking for a good mounted light and holster combo. Here is what I need; the ability to flash it on and off easily from both the weak and strong hand and a holster that the whole thing fits in. LED would be nice since the batteries last so much longer but isn't a deal breaker. As far as holsters go, I'm used to the roll top Safariland 6280 so if I can get another roll top holster that would be great.
Without knowing which USP you have, go here and look.

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=6280

Safariland actually makes a couple 6280 holsters for USP and light combos. I use a 6280 with the Sentry and Hood Guard with my Glock 22 with TLR-2 for duty carry. I like the extra retention, and the Sentry can be deactivated and left that way if you want. The Sentry / Hood Guard combo is only like $14.
The Hood Guard prevents your vest from accidentally deactivating the strap (never had that problem personally) and prevents "chop grabs."

As far as lights go, I like the TLR series the best. Streamlight has a lifetime "no questions" warranty. They are aluminum as opposed to plastic and they are bright. The have an ambi toggle switch and they are side mounts as opposed to sliding on from the front of the gun. They also have a screw for tightening it down on the gun to prevent rattling and to keep the zero of the laser more accurately. The light is a LED also. The only down side is that you must use an adapter to mount these to a USP (not that uncommon in the mounted light world though). As far as I know, the TLR-2 fits in all holsters that take the M-6; same goes for the TLR-1 / M-3.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=81

I have heard good things about the GG&G Slim adapter as far as adapters go. Streamlight also makes adapters.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a full sized USP 45. I'll have to check out that 6280 holster since that's what I already own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts