HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased some extra mags for my full-size USP40. For the people who have been following my "USP malfunctions" thread then this may be familiar to you! Anyways, I received the mags today. How can I tell if they are legit? I received it in a small labeled resealable bag. The magazine is pretty much identical to my other USP mags in build, however it does not have HK stamped on the bottom of the mag plate. In fact, it doesn't say anything on the bottom; just blank. Also, on the side it reads "Heckler and Koch" and "Made in Germany" as well as "40 S&W" .. My other mags have the law enforcement marking on them as well as "Sterling, VA" and some other text too.

Anyone have similar mags? Are these legit HK perhaps new production? Third party rip offs? I can post pics when I get home.

EDIT: They are black 13-rounders.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear it. I wasn't sure because I had never seen any HK mags that weren't marked for law enforcement. Thanks for the quick replies, fellas. Makes me feel better!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, is there even third party mags for the full-size USP40? If so, what makers? I know ProMag makes some but I was under the impression that they were for the USP45 only.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont mess with third party mags..
I'll take your word for it, although I've had good luck with third party mags in the past if you're willing to be patient and work with them a little bit. My old 35 rd. Promag for my Springfield XD9 had a break in period. First 3-5 magazines it jammed nearly every round; hundreds of rounds later, not one malfunction.

·
Registered
783 Posts
definitely don't mess with 3rd party mags.. this isn't a 1911. HK makes great mags that work.. price point is higher than some other brands..but you should stick with HK factory mags.

·
Registered
818 Posts
definitely don't mess with 3rd party mags.. this isn't a 1911. HK makes great mags that work.. price point is higher than some other brands..but you should stick with HK factory mags.
Well said. :)

Putting aftermarket mags in an HK is like using 87 octane gas in an Audi A8, just not worth it.

BTW, CDNN usually has very good prices on genuine HK mags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts