HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some mags for my USP .45. Is it important to buy only HK factory mags? Or are mags from other manufactures just as good. What would you recomend? Pro Mag perhaps?
thanks

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Stick with factory. Pro-Mags are for the most part junk. There have been a few who tired them with no problems but most have had all sorts of feeding problems.
Stick with HK and the only problem you will have is if you get a bad spring in which case the slide will start failing to lock back. If and when that happens replace the spring with a Wolff spring and never worry again. I've yet to have a HK spring fail but many have so do not be surprised if you get a HK mag and it happens. If you get the Pro-Mag and have problems the fix is not so cheap. You pretty much need to trash it and get a HK mag so why not just get the HK mag to begin with.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, my mag springs finally failed on some old 10 rounders. I just stretched the springs and we are back in business. No failures in the last 400 rounds since mag stretching. HK was looking pretty bad in front of all those Glocks due to it but then, they didn't understand that my gun has more rounds on it that all their Glocks combined. No matter what, I was still shooting tighter groups than them anyway so HA!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts