HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another member sent me these pics in response to my 'WTB USP match weight' post. To be honest I am kind of skeptical since I have never seen a match weight like this. But who knows maybe this is a early prototype, or just a refinished one? Wondering if anyone can shed some light.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I have never seen one like this either. The weights looks real but appears to be stripped of its original coating. Possability of a machined clone weight. I know a lot of people have talked about it in the past.

·
Registered
410 Posts
maybe machined clone. ive never seen "match" written that way. i'd love to have a shorter one machined. has anyone used a match or a USP with a similar weight for ipsc standard or uspsa limited?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Well the barrel is most definitely a Jarvis and not factory HK. It's stamped right there, plain as day, on the side of the chamber.

I've never seen a Match weight come in anything but black, and also have never seen the word "Match" on the weight written in that style font before.

All signs point to a copy, but what appears to be a quality one at that.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Looks to be a copy. I heard a guy produced a few weights a couple years ago that looked pretty good visually but didn't fit to well (needed some hand fitting). Like H&K 4 Life said above...the barrel is definately a jarvis.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i would be interested in one for my HK USPF .45. what did he charge you for that? very nice machine work i might add.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
He wanted $425 for the weight and Jarvis barrel. Good deal if the weight is real HK item. PMed him to see if he wants to reply to this thread.

·
Registered
793 Posts
He wanted $425 for the weight and Jarvis barrel. Good deal if the weight is real HK item. PMed him to see if he wants to reply to this thread.
I would ask the seller for a photo of the weight mounted to a pistol.

Has anyone seen a 9/40 weight that is engraved instead of printed?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had one of the clones that a member here machined a few years back. This weight doesnt appear to be one of those. Unless the guy added the 'match' text and the HK logo, and then polished it, that is. Its not factory HK either, so unless someone else did their own version, I have no idea what to tell you.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Definitely a clone. I wouldn't sweat it being a clone package. I run a Jarvis in my 45 USP, and a weight is weight. It's just a question of whether it mounts securely and you like the look of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey,

First, let me introduce myself since this is my first post. My name is Richard Casio, but I go by "Hawaii" because I am a native Hawaiian. I live in the Upstate of South Carolina - 28 years in the Mainland.

I bought this NEW from an H&K dealer in GA in 2008. Orginially, it was black but decided to send it out to Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing in Florida to have it stripped. I had this on my H&K USP Tactical .45 Auto - the only pistol I own. To tell ya'll the truth, I really don't know if it is a copy. Maybe an H&K representative on the forum can clarify for us all.

I am selling it because I have decided to put the original barrel back on the pistol for home defense because it makes my gun to heavy. The match weight is about 3/4 lb of steel.

Will sell to serious members ONLY - NO second parties - $425.00 FIRM. Your gain and my loss.

Picture with the pistol is forthcoming.

If interested, PM me for contact information.

Thank you,
Richard

·
Registered
765 Posts
I bought this NEW from an H&K dealer in GA in 2008. Orginially, it was black but decided to send it out to Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing in Florida to have it stripped. I had this on my H&K USP Tactical .45 Auto - the only pistol I own. To tell ya'll the truth, I really don't know if it is a copy. Maybe an H&K representative on the forum can clarify for us all.
At this point it no longer matters. Since it was stripped and refinished it's no longer OEM and lost any "collectible" value, for those concerned with that.

As I said before, as long as it mounts securely, weight is weight. I just wouldn't pay or expect to receive "authentic HK" pricing for it.

EDIT: For those wondering about the "match" lettering, the HK original has more of a scrolling or written look to it, not as blocky as what is on this one.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have been a Hk fan since 1994 and I havenever seen a factory Hk match weight with that style of engraving of the word "Match". I would contact Hk themselves for the answer. IMO, I don't think it is a factory unit. But as Bordercop said, "as long as it mounts securely, weight is weight. I just wouldn't pay or expect to receive "authentic HK" pricing for it."

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Okay, so I bought the kit from Hawaii. I figured that even if it is a copy, it looks like a darn good one, and is unique in its own right. Here are some more pictures that the seller sent to me:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
^^^That ".45" stamping on the inside of the weight is interesting. Assuming I remember and don't pass out when I get home tonight, I'll need to check to see if my weight has that as well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts