HKPRO Forums banner

USP Match grade trigger in USPc

2134 Views 15 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  azimuth
Putting a match grade USP trigger set in a USPc, already read I can use my trigger instead of modifying the one in the pack. I plan to do this.

QUESTION: Can one use the USPc hammer instead of the one that came with the USP match grade trigger pack. I want to keep it compact due to printing but don't want to compromise the feel of the trigger. If I leave in the compact hammer will it change the "feel" of the trigger as far as pull weight or anything like that.

I've put two in before but in full size so I did use the hammer that came with the kit, oh what fun that little trigger spring is to get in place, bet I am going to regret not buying those special pliers.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Match hammer is part of what makes the Match trigger a Match trigger. You could use the Match bobbed hammer that came with the USP Experts. Those are bobbed so the Expert will fit in the 'box' but are still Match grade.
Thanks, Will do.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I think I understand. Bought the kit a month ago so I am stuck with it and don't mind.

My goal is to lighten the compact single action trigger just like the Expert but carry decocked.

I have a USP Expert 40 date code 2001. I found the bobbed hammer for it. The date code for the USP Compact 357 sig is 2004.

Thanks for pointing out that the hammer is half the point of the kit. Don't care about the trigger, took the over-travel screw out of both my full sized as they never seemed to make much difference in my shooting so one final question to all you great experts on the subject. (Unless the full sized trigger helps lighten the pull, not just stop over-travel.)

Will a Match Grade bobbed hammer from a 40 Expert made in 2001 work on a USP Compact made in 2004. (The hammer has a E not an S on it but came with the Expert bought new where the Match Grade system was standard so I assume the hammer is also Match Grade)

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should be marked with an E, not S, azimuth.

LOL, We were typing at the same time, please read my post just before this one my friend.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will work, but you have to re-use the stock catch that came with your AE USPc (and not the one that came in the Match Trigger kit) because the bobbed Expert hammer does not have the notch for the new-style, longer catch.
Thanks a ton, will start on it tomorrow.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all and especially TooSixy for the guide to install the kit, just got it all in and all functions check, need to test fire but I have no doubt you great folks walked me through it successfully. Bobbed old Expert hammer and old catch worked just like you stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.