HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new camera yesterday, so I thought I would test it out, figured I haven't really posted anything on my USP.

Its a 9mm, I built this a long time ago, took well over a year to get all the parts in. I do have the click-adjustable sites for it, but I like the standard ones better.

Barrel was made by bar-sto, and is ported, also coated in something like barionine carbind (been forever).

Shoots like a dream ^_^

I'll get some other shots one of these days, including some HDR ones. Right now I am just still getting to know my camera.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ^_^

Yeah, point and click, I don't notice any muzzle flip either. In fact I am quite sure that it shoots a lot better than I do.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
That thing must feel like shooting an all steel .22. Nice!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Last week I ordered the match weight for a stainless USP .45 I have to start the same project. I also have the factory adjustable sights but am hesitant to put them on. When I find a 6.02 barrel for the pistol I will consider changing the sights if the old ones do not work with it. I checked out several companies on line & Jarvis was the only one I can find who will make the barrel for me. Hope mine turns out to look as good as yours.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Great pics!

I got my weight enroute, and ordered a ported 6.02" barrel from Jarvis for my USPF 40 S/S.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Jarvis

I have found jarvis to be a very good company to deal with, have ordered 3 USP barrels from them and all were absolutely perfect.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Almost tried to pick it up from the screen... one unresistible weapon and very nice camera work!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol thank you ^_^

Yeah I think I posted some with my old camera years ago, macro however makes for a much better shot ^_^

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where'd you guys get the match weight from? I just sold a stainless USPf .45acp because I couldn't find the parts to build a match.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Where'd you guys get the match weight from? I just sold a stainless USPf .45acp because I couldn't find the parts to build a match.
They turn up on the classified ads here, as well as Gunbroker, Sturm, GunsAmerica etc... every once in a while. You just gotta look out for them, and pounce when you can.

Last time i did a recon run, they ran about 200-250 bucks, but that could have changed by now...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got mine ages ago, back when it was a whole different ball game to find parts, heck I got the mags before the restriction law was up (but they where legal via a nice loop-hole).

If I remember right a member managed to find a source and got some shipped into the states, however they didn't have the second part, that goes on the other side of weight, that I managed to get out of Australia.

Also turns out there are more than one style of weight, so be careful if you have to piece them together, and the 9mm/40 weight is different than the .45.

Actually had quiet a lot of road blocks piecing this one together, from the sites, to the barrels, to the mags, to the jet funnel, ha I don't think I managed to get two pieces from the same person, and parts use to come up maybe once a year. lol, had to know a guy who knew a guy who could get the parts for you.

Ah, I miss the hunt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks great. Out of curiousity, how do the conversion guns like this shoot compared to the factory Match firearms? Same, better, worse?

Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Never got the chance to shoot a factory USP match 9, so I couldn't tell you. I suppose it all depends on how far you take the barrel, how well fitted, honed, and what not it is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts