HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I was curious if any of our forum members had sent their USP's to HK for a match trigger install? Thought about DIYing it but on the other hand sending it to HK to do the work and give the gun a once over couldn't hurt. Anyone care to share their experience?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
I would have HK do it for 2 reasons. 1-it will be done right and NOT void the HK Lifetime Warranty. 2-The pistol will be detail stripped/cleaned/inspected by an HK Armorer

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I did it myself and a little trigger smoothing to get it right. Very easy to do, but if you're thinking about sending it in for the once-over then you should. I don't think you'll need to send the whole gun; just the frame would do.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I did it myself and a little trigger smoothing to get it right. Very easy to do, but if you're thinking about sending it in for the once-over then you should. I don't think you'll need to send the whole gun; just the frame would do.
Might as well send the whole gun since the frame is the transferable firearm and will have to be shipped overnight unless he uses an FFL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to do my USP. Partly, because I love all things mechanical. That, and we haven't been apart for more than 12 hours at a time, since 2000.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If I were sending it away for a match trigger, I would probably send it to grayguns instead of HK. Maybe that's just me?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I sent my USP 9 (frame only) to HK for the Match trigger conversion. They installed my supplied trigger kit. I like to have documentation of modifications for re-sale purposes, and piece of mind. It was well worth the cost, the trigger is even nicer than my Factory Match.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It’s pretty easy to install if you’re mechanically inclined and have basic tools. I’ve installed a match and two lems and can’t differentiate from my factory match and lem. Worst case is you send it off to HK to do it and have to buy an extra spring or part if you lose it. Download the usp strip info, read it first, read it twice, take your time, don’t force anything and you’ll be off to a good start. Removing the flat spring takes some effort. The biggest pita is the trigger return spring, having picks or punches will help greatly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts