HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to re evaluate my question. If there were high quality match weights on the market, would anyone be interested? Also would the community have any input on the build? Materials, weight itself, demand for the weights?

Any input and response would be awesome. PM for more details.

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will be exactly the same as the original. Unless someone has a one off idea. Last I checked, Jarvis had the match length barrel. If not Ill be contacting them about a buying a batch of these barrels.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would say a cosmetic 'match weight' would sell best. Maybe made out of billet aluminum. Simply something to cover an extended and ported barrel maybe?

·
Banned
232 Posts
I had a friend make me one out of aluminum. It adds a tiny bit of weight, but noting compared to the original's. Jarvis makes the a barrel that is the same length as the original Match, it's on this page: Jarvis Inc. offers handgun barrels & 22 conversion units. It comes out to $215 plus shipping. The barrel is what I'm waiting on getting (funds). This weight is merely a cover as I would put it as it doesn't really do much other than cover the barrel for looks. I actually like it better that way though as my friends Match is nose heavy and I don't like the added weight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well im sure we can make aluminum "cosmetic weights" no problem. For the die hards, obviously we would want a replica.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well im sure we can make aluminum "cosmetic weights" no problem. For the die hards, obviously we would want a replica.
Roger that! Hey once the CNC is set up, it's not difficult to swap out the stock material being milled so with one can easily come the other!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Roger that! Hey once the CNC is set up, it's not difficult to swap out the stock material being milled so with one can easily come the other!
Right. I'm no machinist but would think it would be just as easy to run the program on steel as it would be on aluminum......and cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I talk to Eric and he's dusting off this project and getting back at it pretty soon:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this still a possibility? I am extremely interested in purchasing a couple weights for the 9mm frame provided they are true to weight and look of the original (sans the copyright HK and "match" written up the side). Are you looking to sell these in the raw or with a finish already applied?

Link

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seems like its dead again for another few years.
Hopefully somone will make a few for the 40/9mm guys, my jarvis barrel is missing his cover
Jake

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Are you guys still making these? I would like a steel weight for the usp 45 if you are.
Sir

This thread is nearly 2 years old, just see if the individuals are stilll active and give them a PM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts