HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to know how many people that would buy one of these if produced in large quantities. The first ones will be finished hopefully by the weekend, i just want to make sure this will sell before all the time and money will be tied up, mostly time. I myself will not be making these, i do not have a mill and im sourcing this one out on a few other people i deal with. At this time there are two seperate people working on making their own trigger as a drop in replacement. I bet most of you did not know that the USP uses a stamped piece of metal that the actual trigger (the part your fingered touches) is molded to and made out of some type of plastic. Im using two seperate triggers as a referance, one being the stock usp one and the other the trigger that has the adjustable trigger stop used on the match trigger. tha names i have from the other thread are as follows:

1) Leesan
2) PILMAN
3) Leatherneck556
4) grbl
5) Haizum
6) kassenz
7) Ghostrider
8) 50ae
9) sk8brdnick
10) jvw369
11) jeep450
12) Powder Burns
13) Haizum
14) Zepheris
15) orfeo
16) david75
17) mefly2
18) l.b.
19) e-man930
20) bordercop
21) Modifiedmcs
22) Scooter
23) Big O
24) Jason R

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a problem with the trigger breaking?
Definitely not. (That I've ever seen) However, some people, including me, have wanted a little more solid feeling trigger. Meaning less flex. Yeah, most of the flex comes from the fact that it's molded plastic attached to the metal top piece.

Really look forward to seeing them!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't understand this flex people are talking about... I honestly believe it's a result of the feel and texture of the plastic, not any actual flexing of the part. If you can get a steel HK part to flex with your index finger, then an all-steel pistol may be a better option, since you may also crush the frame with your iron fist.

That being said, I still think there is a niche market for an aftermarket metal trigger, albeit a small one. Smooth metal just feels better for many people, myself included.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im still not sure about the price. the parts list i found on egunparts dot com is as follows, keep in mind i only have 2 spare triggers and they are both for a fullsize 45 but i think they are the same for all the usp pistols. hopefully someone can confirm that they are all the same.

uspf .45 603390
uspf 9mm 603380
uspf 40cal 603380

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ick. I don't have a USP45f. So I can't guarentee I would want one. I have a USP40f, and would be interested in one of those (assuming it turns out that the 45 and 40/9 have different triggers).

·
Registered
802 Posts
The fullsize guns all have the same trigger. The compacts use a different trigger than the fullsize. Simple answer, the fullsize guns all take the same match trigger kit. But the match trigger doesn't work in the compacts because it's too long.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The fullsize guns all have the same trigger. The compacts use a different trigger than the fullsize. Simple answer, the fullsize guns all take the same match trigger kit. But the match trigger doesn't work in the compacts because it's too long.
not a problem, if i can make the fullsize version than i know i can make the compact. its more than likely a shorter version of the same trigger.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Add my name to that list. I just like to try parts and play around with things. What type of texture, if any, will they have on the front edge where the finger contacts it?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts