HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum and happy to be here. I have an AC date code USPc 9mm and I'd like to upgrade to Match trigger configuration. My first thought was to spring $130 for the kit, but the more I looked, the more I thought I could save some bucks... I don't need the Match Hammer Spring (already in the Compact), don't need the Match Trigger (won't fit the Compact), don't need the Match Sear/Flat Spring (already put it in). I think I don't even want the Match Trigger Return Spring. I've read that it doesn't make that much difference, that it sometimes causes reset problems, and that it's a pain to install. So I think all I really need is a Match Hammer, and HK Parts sells the old-style Match Hammer, which will work with my old-style catch.

My only worry is that the Match Hammer description says this: Note: This hammer comes incomplete from HK and needs the roll pin found in the related products section below to be complete.

OK, so I spring another $5 for the pin. But this scares me. I'm afraid I won't be able to install it without special tools (or without breaking a few of them), and that by the time I buy roll pin punches, starter punches, etc., I'll have spent as much as I would have on the kit, and driven myself crazy in the process. So back to the kit, because it appears to come with (new-style Match Hammer + new style catch) the roll pin already installed.

Anybody ever put that roll pin into the Match Hammer? Tough? Easy? Do I need special tools? Will I break a pin or two figuring it out???

Does anybody know if the kit truly comes with the roll pin already installed in the Match Hammer?

Eager to hear your thoughts and experiences! Thanks --

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The tiny roll-pin is pretty easy to install if you have a standard 1/16 roll-pin punch. The Match hammer in the Match Trigger Kit does come with the roll-pin already installed.

The last Match Trigger Kit group-buy that I ran a couple of yrs ago came with all old-style Match Hammers. I do recall that they all came with the roll-pin installed. You might want to call HKCS and order the Match hammer directly from them. The part you need is 215681 and costs around $40.

The Match Trigger Kit is around $93 and can be bought from Flagman or Cross Creek Guns, IIRC.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
As TooSixy wrote above and you can look over the LEM installation tutorial and video to see how to remove the hammer and replace it. You will have the easier task of not swapping all the other parts and just installing the hammer. It is a simple DIY provided you watch, read and go at your own pace.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
I will add, that upgrading to new new style catch is very simple, and may be easier than fiddling with the hammer.

Typoed on my iPhone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts