HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have one of the new Surefire X300 Ultra 600 lumens lights to try, but since it now uses a clamping type mount, I wonder if anyone has tried to install in onto the USP rails by simply removing the rail insert and clamping it down onto the USP rails?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The usp rail isn't as wide as a 1913 rail. I have the new X300 but it wouldn't clamp down far enough to get a tight fit on the USP rail.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The usp rail isn't as wide as a 1913 rail. I have the new X300 but it wouldn't clamp down far enough to get a tight fit on the USP rail.
Is the side clamping piece on the x300 removable? If so I'd love to remove it and sand down the inside edge to allow it to clamp down further. I might have to look into this some more....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is the side clamping piece on the x300 removable? If so I'd love to remove it and sand down the inside edge to allow it to clamp down further. I might have to look into this some more....
Yes but I don't think that would work. It would probably pop off anyway. I can get you some up close pics of the clamping assembly if you want to see them.

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes but I don't think that would work. It would probably pop off anyway. I can get you some up close pics of the clamping assembly if you want to see them.
If it isn't too much of an inconvenience for you, pictures would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can you clarify what you mean by "too long"? Does it mount up and the light sticks out too much? Will the light actually clamp onto the USPc rails? Or does it not line up?
The clamping rail extends out past the front of the gun. It would not fit into the rail on the gun. It may work on a full size but I don't have one to test.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The clamping rail extends out past the front of the gun. It would not fit into the rail on the gun. It may work on a full size but I don't have one to test.
Thanks again for taking the time to post pictures and clarify... really appreciate it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
how is it without the rail insert? (Crossmember), is it plenty secure that you wouldn't have to worry about the rail sliding during extreme use?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts