HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 3rd USP new in Box from Buds today, a full size 9mm and noticed the same thing as the last 2 I bought at different places...it's 2 years old. Was test fired in january of 2010. This matters in no way as the gun is brand new...just curious why on 3 occasions I've purchased new USPs from high volume dealers that are 2+ years old. Maybe they make big batches in Germany and slowly import them?? As I said this matters in no way, just curious. Thoughts??

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just bought a NIB HK45C 2 months ago and it was dated AK (09 i believe?), I have no problem with it being a few years old, but did find it a little strange.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have been told by a couple different vendors/FFLs that Full Frame HKs do not 'move' as fast as the Compact models...and some larger volume importers have taken to buying large numbers and 'sitting on them' to maintain or sometimes increase values and in some cases manufacture false demand by making certain models 'rarer' than others....

Do not know how accurate or reliable the information is but it does seem plausible to me!

Congrats on the new acquisitions and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
This is very common from my own experience. My HK45C was a year old and my P2000SK was two when I purchased them new from dealers. Test fire - case capture dates.

-- Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
In 2009 I purchased a P2000 that was a 2006 date code and it was NIB. Fast forward to this past Sunday, I bought a new HK45 that had a BC date code and was test fired Feb/2012.

·
Registered
854 Posts
My USPc in .40 was NIB and it was a BA last July....Dad suggested that maybe they just don't move as fast and a NIB changes hands a couple times between dealers before its finally found its way into our HK addicted paws...Gun dealers are just like car dealers *shudder* they don't like to sit on 'old' or 'expensive' inventory...

·
Registered
62 Posts
The only HK I've ever bought which was made that same year was my U.S. made HK45. I bought it in March 2011 and it was made in January '11. All my German ones were 1-2 years old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts