HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows a easy way to remove the stock recoil spring from the captive rod. I have thousands of rounds through my USP .40 fullsize and would like to replace the old spring with a new one, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

P

·
0 Posts
I was wondering if anybody knows a easy way to remove the stock recoil spring from the captive rod. I have thousands of rounds through my USP .40 fullsize and would like to replace the old spring with a new one, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
I just did a search for that very thing and a lot of people suggested screwing the spring over the cap at the end of the captive guide rod. Its way easier than messing with the snap ring...

Which makes me feel stupid because I just messed with the snap ring and ordered another one. It's on but I can't tell if its deformed =(

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Hi bud! Nice seeing you around again!

Unless youre having feeding issues or other types of FTF failures, leave the guiderod/spring alone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ran into the same problem; I removed/destroyed the little clamp at the end of the guiderod and now shoot it with a non-captive recoil spring. Works great, and makes recoil spring changes much easier to do.

FY42385

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for there replys, I managed to remove the little clamp from the rod using a small flathead screwdriver without damaging any part of the rod or clamp. Installed the new recoil spring and it feels much better now. Thanks for all the help.

HKUSP40

1 - 5 of 5 Posts