HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and girls), I was on another thread where a guy was trying to get suggestions on what to buy, when I suggested looking at the P30 or P2000 (since he was leaning towards 9mm). And one of his replies was ;

HK's are great like Glocks, but, I've noticed that a few cops can't get their weapons back together right or something, cause the safety on some of theirs wants to snap off on the side. Not sure if this is a fluke or not, but it's something I've noticed.
It amazes what people will say about HK, when they have never fired or even held one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
"HK's are great like Glocks...."

Yes, Chevy's are great like Rolls Royce, but....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Snap off? I mean i've heard of it happening, I had to order an entire bag of safties after I took a torch to them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have heard of one snapping once, but why would there be a problem with a group of people, snapping them while reassembling? I don't understand how you could put the gun together wrong, that would snap the the safety off. ???

·
Registered
329 Posts
Possibly could be people trying to force the saftey out of the frame without properly disassembling the gun.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I saw a rocket scientist break one on a variant 3 USP trying to decock it. (Correct me if V3 isn't the version with safety and no decock).

Anything can break. But anyone who thinks the USP is prone to having breaking safety levers is either ignorant of how durable a USP is or... someone capitalized on their soft spot when they were a baby.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
V3 is decock only, no safety. The safety only, no decock is V9.
Anything can break if you beat on it hard enough or have a monkey put it together. I love the way people blame the gun rather than put the blame where it belongs when they try and do something knowing full well they can't even open a can a peas without making a major production out of it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
:380: Yeah but later I think Paulycracker was saying something about a flute at bandcamp.

C

·
0 Posts
Well one thing that has happened to me in the past is... the pin that holds the safety in the frame, slid out a bit. When i was putting the rail back in it. It wouldn't let me slide it all the way to the back. The pin was sticking out a bit, not allowing it to. But as far as it falling apart to the point where they couldnt put it back together. I dont know...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts