HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and am looking for some recommendations for upgrading the stock sights on my USP fullsize. I like the looks of the XS sights "big dot" for my 48 year old eyes. I often have a hard time picking up that tiny white dot as quickly as I'd like on the stock sights and thought this would be a good option. On the XS site they list a part "# HK-0002S-5- setscrew rear." Does anyone know what the setscrew rear is? Do some USP's come with a setscrew in the rear sight for retention? Mine appears to only be a press fit and there is no setscrew. Any other sights you could recommend would be appreciated.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I cant help you with the set screw, so I apologize for that.

However, I really like XS 24/7 sights. I do prefer the standard dot to the big dot. The big dot is nice for a CCW, but the standard dot allows more precise shot placement.

The big dot's are nice as well, and for your situation I think they will serve you well. The one criticism you will hear is people say they aren't very accurate. I've found this to be completely untrue. The v-notch rear makes quick sight allignment easy, and I prefer them to 3-dot setups.

I think you will be happy with them.

Otherwise you have other options from Meprolight, Trijicon, TruGlo etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply "CJ". I understand these sights are really popular with the instructors at Gunsite which says alot. In researching the rear sight on the USP I can't find a single one that has a factory installed setscrew, which leads me to believe that XS has added that to the rear for an extra secure attachment.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Custom Combats with NOVAK sights have set screws on the rear sight that it really doesn't need as they are the tightest fit I've ever seen. I have a XS with the small dot on my HK 51. I wish I got the big dot. I think the big dot would have faster "combat accuracy". Have you looked at the "Ghost Ring" sights from Entreprise? I want to try one of those. They operate on the principle that the eye will automatically center the dot in the middle of the ring. It seems to me that they are right. At present I am happiest with PSI fiber optics, red front, green rears, for daytime shooting. Very fast and easy for older eyes to see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts